1984 GS1150Z Custom build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cr480 View Post
    Well, you can't please everyone now can you? I would be interested in seeing a picture of your bike though.
    It's your bike, do as you please. The purists don't care for my bike I'm quite sure, but they don't have to ride it.

Here's mine with another forum member in the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      It's your bike, do as you please. The purists don't care for my bike I'm quite sure, but they don't have to ride it.

Here's mine with another forum member in the seat.

Nice Bike! That is kinda what I was shooting for, it just sort of got out of hand and turned into what it is today. I utilized alot of the same parts that you did. A ton of fun ain't it?

Comment

Nice Bike! That is kinda what I was shooting for, it just sort of got out of hand and turned into what it is today. I utilized alot of the same parts that you did. A ton of fun ain't it?
        This is the third or fourth incarnation of my bike. I bought it new in '85 and have been tinkering ever since. I was lucky and got to be friends with a Yoshimura rider who won the AMA Supersport championship back in '93. That's where I got the original round of suspension parts and the wheels that are still on the bike. He got me a killer deal on a set of RS flatslides and Yoshimura throttle assembly with kill switch, headlight switch, and starter switch. I did have an '88 front end on it then a few years ago bolted on the '95 with a CBR954 triple clamp for a little more clearance under the bike. I've thought about adapting a newer GSXR tail on it, maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          This is the third or fourth incarnation of my bike. I bought it new in '85 and have been tinkering ever since. I was lucky and got to be friends with a Yoshimura rider who won the AMA Supersport championship back in '93. That's where I got the original round of suspension parts and the wheels that are still on the bike. He got me a killer deal on a set of RS flatslides and Yoshimura throttle assembly with kill switch, headlight switch, and starter switch. I did have an '88 front end on it then a few years ago bolted on the '95 with a CBR954 triple clamp for a little more clearance under the bike. I've thought about adapting a newer GSXR tail on it, maybe one day.
          The Tail section was a chore. Pretty much had to hand fabricate and weld all new mounts to make this happen. Including seat mounts and realease mechanism for the rear seat. It took alot of effort to get it right but i really liked the bodylines it added to the bike and I have never seen this done on a 1150 before. So to me it was worth it and I am sure I will do it again in the future in some other odd combination.

Comment

If I could get my hands on a late model Gixxer tail cheap enough to cut on and try blending to the tank or existing side panels I'd give it a go. I do plan on repainting in the spring so I might see if I can find one before then to play with.

Comment

What do you guys think?
              Im not a fan of the 1150 looks but you'res is just badass. Do you have plans for paint. I like that primer gray. It looks like F-14 tomcat gray.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                Im not a fan of the 1150 looks but you'res is just badass. Do you have plans for paint. I like that primer gray. It looks like F-14 tomcat gray.
                The current plan is for a 2010 Toyota Electric Blue. Thanks for the comment!

Comment

The current plan is for a 2010 Toyota Electric Blue. Thanks for the comment!

great colour, i painted my old CB750 in Electric Blue, looked really great.

Comment

GS1150Z almost finished!

What do you guys think of this one?

Comment

more pics gs1150z

Comment

She looks quick.

Comment

another pic gs1150z custom

Comment

Working...
                          X