GS 650GZ "Jap Show Bike"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 650GZ "Jap Show Bike"

I decided to call this thread a "Jap Show Bike" because this body work guy said a suzuki gs mod is a jap show bike.

Well I will show him.

This is my first bike, let alone my first project bike. The bike came to me as a token of my esteem from a friend. He had the title in hand. I gladly thanked him for the bike and immediately started restoring it. At first i wanted it to be a classic restore. when i realized that i had no patience for a complete restore, i began tearing the bike apart. It is down the to the frame now, we're very close to assembly.

This bike it not meant to be in a show, nor do i wish to make it a "show jap bike." It is simply my take on a new endeavor.

Enjoy:

Oh the horror

Well we stripped the engine and the frame down.

Had no idea about keeping anything in order...whatever that means..

Here are some pics: Gas tank and engine removal

Comment

ill get some more pics going as soon as i get some more crap done...right now were working on paint and electrical fab..dont want to spoil the details but ya...we're already that far.

Comment

Welcome mindtrip. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder which your body friend obviously does not understand. Welcome to the GS forum! One of the best there is. Basscliff will be along shortly with another, very usefull yet warm welcome. You've picked a great bike to enjoy and I look forward to your progress.

Sci85
        1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
        1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
        2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Comment

already read basscliffs website hundreds, if not thousands of times! But yes, we are striving for a complete bike that rides and runs great. Aesthetically im not too worried.

Comment

Paint is next!

Comment

honestly, this project took me by storm, i didnt really want to do a resto/mod bike. but I realized that this bike would be the first of many.

Comment

We are obviously not running a high quality operation, but i digress we have had many successes

Comment

Any pics of previously completed bikes?

Looks like you are off to a great start on this one.

Bruce.

Comment

That is turning out nicely.
                      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

never done a bike....let a lone anything in this nature. My dad has always had a knack for cars and ****, so i figured....im 25. i got nothing to lose. Always done my own work on my car and my girlfriends car.

We buy subaru, because thats the best that works in the east. I'm not gonna waste my time with audi or mitsu, my outback has 200k on it. i drive it 80 mph on a daily basis....

Comment

Welcome to the Jap Show

Comment

very nice. love the paint booth

Comment

+1 on the booth haha. I would never have come up with something like that. But, being winter, I can see how you could create enough heat in there to actually paint.

Nice work on the tank too btw. Pretty impressive.

Sci85
                              1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
                              1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Working...
                              X