No announcement yet.

GS 650GZ "Jap Show Bike"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yeah the paint booth had popped into my mind when i was at work. We have these huge cardboard boxes our displays come in so i cut it all into squares and taped it all together. The space heater i had in there worked wonders. It was probably in the 70s in the booth and 50 in the shop.

Tank came out better than i had expected. Thanks to DesmoBro for that!

Ran in to a bit of a snag on the project as my cars timing belt disintegrated en route to Vermont. Guess its karma after i gloat about how awesome it is!

Comment

I like what you've done thus far, the tank modification takes a bit of guts, considering one hit too many could really ruin things.

Love the booth as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mike-s View Post
        I like what you've done thus far, the tank modification takes a bit of guts, considering one hit too many could really ruin things.

Love the booth as well.
        Haven't put any gas in it yet...good point..

hmm I might have to go ahead and do that at some point!
        Last edited by Guest; 01-04-2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: speeling!

Comment

Originally posted by brslk View Post
          Any pics of previously completed bikes?

Looks like you are off to a great start on this one.

Bruce.
          Just the good ol 2007 DRZ400s

(financed the bike missed one payment and well y not just repo the frame keep all the goods and buy a frame with a title on ebay.....Sure learned the lesson on that one)

Comment

As for other projects The 2 Ducati's in the living room definitely keep me busy
            Attached Files

Comment

thread has been hijacked!

Comment

125 Bronco and Desmo

Comment

I sure do miss that apartment.......(for that reason only tho, I was lucky those weren't pawned for $20 by some neighborhood riff raff)

Comment

So a bit of an update. Got the steering stem bearings all set and the engine painted. Welded a few things. The battery tiedown is going to house an AGM gell battery. It will be half the size of the stock liquid.

I am not a welder. I hope these welds hold. I smacked them with a hammer to check, seemed pretty solid.

All the electronic are mocked up next. After that, primer, paint. Motor install. All system check. GO. Bruum bruumm

Comment

forgot about the seat...yeahh fiberglass seat.somehow.

Comment

A little update with video

http://static.photobucket.com/player...429_185620.mp4

a couple of things left to work out. New bars, tail section wiring mess etc...

Let me know what you think.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2012, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Heres an updated pic of my bike as of 8/3/12:

Ill be having the seat upholstered in a few weeks, just waiting for the guy to free up some time. A few things are left but the bike rides for hours now. As long as my back can handle it!
                          TO DO:
                          Paint battery box, Paint rear brake stay, touch up white frame paint, new blinkers (cheap china ones suck dont buy them), seat upholstered.
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X