Port spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port spacing?

Hey there Im looking for a race pipe for my 1983 GS750ES and I was just wondering if its port spacing matched any other bikes? So I could search for pipes for say a Kat 1100 race pipe or something.

Im looking around for 750ES/700ES (if your american) and I cant find any. So I was just wondering if I could get a little help!

Originally posted by Marshall498 View Post
    Hey there Im looking for a race pipe for my 1983 GS750ES and I was just wondering if its port spacing matched any other bikes? So I could search for pipes for say a Kat 1100 race pipe or something.

Im looking around for 750ES/700ES (if your american) and I cant find any. So I was just wondering if I could get a little help!
    You can use oil cooled GSX-R pipes. The first generation GSX-R750 pipes fit best but any of the oilers will fit. I have a Hindle exhaust on mine with a Yosh RS-3 can. Hindle had a close out on the pipes and two or three of us here got lucky and snagged one. Here's mine mounted, the fender is now red.

Comment

The Gixxer pipes are all that will fit the '83 and up 700/750 models. BTW, I have a stainless Yosh Duplex I might be willing to part with. It's the header and midpipe, no can. The tubes are mashed on the bottom of the header but could be straightened out and there's a dent on one downtube IIRC. Again that could probably be taken out. I can take some pictures if you want to see it.

Comment

Hey there thanks for the tip.

As for the pipe you have, I think ill pass. Im looking for something thats roughly period for racing. I also have a Yosh RS3 can (up for sale currently) But I cant use it because its Carbon fiber

Comment

You should be able to find something for an early Gixxer then that will look more period, although the Duplex pipes have been around since the mid '80s. Here it is from another incarnation of my 700. It is a race pipe held on with springs and spigots for the head. I wasn't all that willing to part with it anyway. At some point I'll fix the dents and keep it in case I ever need it.
          Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hey there thanks for the tip.

As for the pipe you have, I think ill pass. Im looking for something thats roughly period for racing. I also have a Yosh RS3 can (up for sale currently) But I cant use it because its Carbon fiber
            couldn't find a link to your ad for the Yosh RS3 can, where is it and is there a pic of it

I have this pipe for my bike currently, don't know if we can swap cans or not, or if that is even possible or feaseable

anyways pics of exhaust can be seen here - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...&postcount=206

Comment

Here is the Yosh Pipe I have up for sale http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ343538402

I saw the exact same pipe minus the mid pipe for the left side and all the stuff to swap it over selling for 450$ and that was on sale.

Comment

Does anyone know if a pipe for a 82 GS1100 would fit my 83 GS750ES?

Comment

It won't, too large at the head. Only the Gixxer pipes will fit the head.

Comment

Yes, they WILL, if you grind down the collar diameter where the pipes go into the head. I have GS pipes on my GSXR headed GS engines. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                      Yes, they WILL, if you grind down the collar diameter where the pipes go into the head. I have GS pipes on my GSXR headed GS engines. Ray.
                      With grinding should have been my answer too.

Comment

Working...
                      X