No announcement yet.

82 GS750E to GSXR1215 restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rear hose looks to be about 3 inches too short.

Eric

Comment

Looks like the metal guide plate that sits on the end of the swingarm (the "closer" piece bolt hold it on, it's just a simple right angle bracket so you could make your own) is missing.

As Eric says it does look a bit short but maybe it's not being supported because of the missing bracket....

I'd be less worried about suspension upgrades & more concerned with brakes in the first instance with that monster engine in there!!

Looks great by the way!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Forgive the noob question but is that a hydraulic clutch? Needed for those more powerful engines/stronger cluches?

Comment

It's not required... that engine was just designed that way. They use a slave cylinder to push the clutch pressure plate (using the mechanical advantage of differing piston sizes) rather than a mechanical lever.

Most Hydraulic clutches are a little lighter & are used on more powerful bikes where strong clutch plate springs are required in order to give a lighter lever pull.

Some people complain that hydraulic clutches have a lack of "feel".
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

The hose is right i forgot to piant that bracket at the back so its drying tonight I'll put it on before i fill the system with fluid
            sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
            1994 gsxr1100w
            1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Well my track commitment got rained out today so i came home and filled and bleed the rear brake and clutch system. Then after a complete nut & bot check fitting new fuel lines and putting 2 gallons or shell vpower 93 gas in the beast made its first trip around the block everything seemed to work fine, i stopped at the house and checked everything over real quick everything looked good so i went out of the subdivision onto a 4 lane road were i could use more throttle and get past 2nd gear and wow huge midrange torque only at 1/2 throttle. So i slowed down planning to get to the church at the next light and to my dismay there was a county sheriff parked there so i slowly turned around and cruised back home slowly as its not registered yet. Got it back home everything looked good had to readjust chain as it had settled in and was quite loose. I'm calling the first rides a success and looking forward to getting it all broke in with more seat time
              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Very nice, me likey a lot.
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

I put more time on it yesterday and found i have a bit of bounce in the front so upon looking at everything i see that i had like 50+ psi of air in the tire so i let some out no help then i notice the tire isn't seated all the way and i took the weights off when i painted them so this morning i have removed the wheels and off to the local bike shop i go hoping they will spin balance them for me. Anyway with the time i did ride it yesterday the farther i went the better it ran and even surprised me with a big wheelie leaving a stoplight when i opened it up in first gear
                  1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Finally got to ride again after getting the wheels balanced and yes the bounce is gone from the front end. The back didnt bounce but felt stiff so when i got home i looked at the rear and it was sitting kinda low and then it jumped up like 3" all by itself hmm thats not good so now im saving up for new shocks
                    1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

My stripe kit arrived yesterday but did not have time to put them on till today

And with that i think it completes the cosmetic part of the bike (maybe some side cover emblems and a couple stickers) so now i need those new shocks and a little fine tuning. so tell me what do you all think of the bike???
                      1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Looking great, why not get some UK spec GS 750 badges(they are real small single line with GS in red and 750 in silver),then stand back and watch the idiots try to work out if the bike is standard,I got another member on here to get me a pair or U.S. spec emblems for my bike(GS1000 with a GSX1100EZ engine), cos I was totally sick of people saying "hmmm,is that a 750?", d**&heads.Those electric blue stripes really suit the carbon look bodywork.What else are you planning?.Johnny

Comment

135 mi. update

Well the more i ride it the better it runs. Never rode anything that wants to wheelie so easily still waiting to order new shocks maybe next week. Im gonna change the alternator this weekend as im showing 16 volts at the battery it hasn't melted anything yet but i have access to several so changing it is easy. My tires i think sat to long cant get rid of a slight bounce like they have flat spots so it been only in town under 50 mph riding so far. But wheel and brake upgrades for shure this winter gotta get better tires and brakes. Im wanting to use the uk spec side emblems ie gsx but haven't decided if they will be 750 or 1100 any suggestions or votes? Bike is a 750 with a 1186 gsx engine
                          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Keep those 750 emblems on it.
                            When you smoke 'em, it leaves them in a daze of confusion and hating THEIR bikes.

(1100 under the "Hood")

Eric

Comment

Bike looks sick, like all the work you have done. Only thing I don't like is the blue stripes. It almost makes the custom bike you made look stock again. Just my opinion though and if you like them thats all that matters

Comment

time for restomod part2

So with the end of riding season near its time to get ready for upgrades. I went to my friends and picked out a usd frontend off a gsxr750 and wheels, the only dilemma i have is do i rework the swingarm i have and buy new shocks or do i go all out and use a gsxr arm and go monoshock???? Opinions wanted
                                1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Working...
                                X