X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First test fit of new forks and wheel

sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Looks like it belongs there. Sweet. Can't wait to see the rear mocked up too!

Comment

How does it sit on its wheels, did you lose much ground clearance?

It does look nice, mine is also ready to go!

Comment

I didn't have time to set it down on the rear yet but the forks are at least 2" shorter plus the tire is a little shorter as well
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Mine might go on this weekend and I am just over two inches shorter as well.

What are you doing for the bars?
            Drilling the top stock clamp I have seen with a purch, not sure how strong it is.

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
              I didn't have time to set it down on the rear yet but the forks are at least 2" shorter plus the tire is a little shorter as well
              Won't that cause havoc with the steering?

Comment

I am probably gonna bolt on risers on like you said or maybe weld them on I'll let my welder guy make that call. As far as the steering it should improve some i believe a shorter tire should turn in better.
                1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

you will be okay drilling the top triple and mounting risers, but your exh is gonna be close and you should probably shorten your kickstand a bit

Comment

I am probably gonna bolt on risers on like you said or maybe weld them on I'll let my welder guy make that call. As far as the steering it should improve some i believe a shorter tire should turn in better.
                    What forks are you using GSXR750 or GSXR1100? I have welded a plug into the bottom of the top triple before drilling to add strength.

BTW looking good. You need an 8" train light though

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                      you will be okay drilling the top triple and mounting risers, but your exh is gonna be close and you should probably shorten your kickstand a bit
                      Steve, bike looks great.

Comment

They are 750 forks for the strait bolt on convenience, and yup on the sidestand shortening the header should be ok its really tight to the side and I'm probably not brave enough to lean it that far. I am thinking or adding the thing on the bottom of the top tree to add strength like you did. I would love to have a train light but there not easy to come by. And Steve i like your headlight brackets where did they come from?
                        Last edited by akckhim; 11-09-2012, 01:27 AM.
                        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

They are 750 forks for the strait bolt on convenience, and yup on the sidestand shortening the header should be ok its really tight to the side and I'm probably not brave enough to lean it that far. I am thinking or adding the thing on the bottom of the top tree to add strength like you did. I would love to have a train light but there not easy to come by. And Steve i like your headlight brackets where did they come from?
                          Headlight brackets are GSG moto but they ain't cheap. I have a couple train lights too

Comment

I like the gsg brackets also looked at lsl brackets about the same money they are round tube opposed to the flat cnc of the gsg hmmm save up then make a choice. I am interested in a train light how much would it take to get one from you?
                            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Some pics of first fitting of rear swingarm

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I have a question about the carbon fiber treatment. In the last picture you posted it looks as though it is dull. In an earlier one it seems to have a satin look to it. Thought I would get your take.

Comment

Working...
                                X