No announcement yet.

82 GS750E to GSXR1215 restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how thick the frame tube is the cross piece I put in is 1 1/4 .065 dom .
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

New parts have arrived!!!

more stuff painted today

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Looking good!
        G
        sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
        2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
        Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
        '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

A little more progress

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

new pics i finnally figured out how to switch back to original photobucket so i can post full size again

getting a look at the rear

and the side view

a look at shock mount

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

This bike rocks! Cant wait to see it finished. Keep up the good work

Comment

Love the evolution of the bike. Definitely headed in the right direction (although not a fan of the carbon fiber. Not opposed to carbon fiber parts just stuff that looks like carbon fiber and isn't ha) Who cares though right!? Different strokes for different folks. Love love love the bike

Comment

I get you on the faux carbon but it was a cheap alternative to paint and I was able to apply it myself.
                  1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
                    new pics i finnally figured out how to switch back to original photobucket so i can post full size again

getting a look at the rear

and the side view

a look at shock mount.

My shock mount is similar but I braced the top part to the upper tubes on an angle just incase. I can dig up a pic if you like

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
                      I get you on the faux carbon but it was a cheap alternative to paint and I was able to apply it myself.
                      Yeah at least you did it on the body and not on solid steel parts or something haha! Have you ridden it much since the wheel and rear swingarm swap?

Comment

Not rode yet still putting it back together probably won't be able to till maybe march depends on when the weather breaks its only 20 degrees outside
                        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

More pics of progress

upper fork clamp on with handelbars

i was a little worried about the 15 degree risers but after sitting on it they feel great good position

i got one foot control mounted

hope to get other side on tommorow

fitted the headlight and found the 7" is just to small for the wider forks

i think the trainlight is a must have
                          Last edited by akckhim; 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM. Reason: more pics
                          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Since all your carbon/graphics layouts are done.... you should do 3-5 coats of clear over the whole thing.... then polish the crap out of it.... it will look AMAZING.

Comment

progress has been slow lately been very cold and still waiting for rear rotor but i got front brake lines all on and the swingarm spools and went and bought a rear wheel lift from harbor freight

for 39.95 i think its a decent buy
                              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

pics of 8" train light installed

I think i need to figure out a way to cover the back side of the gauges open to any suggestions
                                1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Working...
                                X