Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

looks awesome! not sure if i missed it but, are the fork bodies painted or anodized? I want to do something similar to my forks since they are so ugly silver

also, what headlight bracket are those? i need those in my life
        Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2013, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Paint vht rollbar & chassis satin black it was tricky to get them back in the lower tree without scratching em up.
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

They are LSL I got them from spiegler they were $180
            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Got it out today for first ride slowly around the block got back gave it a once over then went a few miles down the road and back on the freeway. Suspension worked great brakes alot better. Changes direction very quick and easy. Rode great. Taller gearing was good 4500 at 70mph 5500 gets you 90+ and that along with the longer swingarm really helped the first gear wheelies. Only problems was shift lever to high will adjust that, header did hit the ground on a fast hard right on the on ramp.
              1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post

Got it out today for first ride slowly around the block got back gave it a once over then went a few miles down the road and back on the freeway. Suspension worked great brakes alot better. Changes direction very quick and easy. Rode great. Taller gearing was good 4500 at 70mph 5500 gets you 90+ and that along with the longer swingarm really helped the first gear wheelies. Only problems was shift lever to high will adjust that, header did hit the ground on a fast hard right on the on ramp.
                Been watching the progress. Just fascinating. Great bike. Looks and sounds like it will give superior service for years.

Comment

Nice looking bike. Excellent job.

Comment

It looks good but the exhaust is problematic. a standard GS exhaust would probably fit that assuming you can sort out the flanges. Deep slots would work.

Comment

Yosh is remaking the old duplex pipes out of stainless so I'm gonna save up and run this till then just can't be to aggressive on right curves. Rode it again today can't get over how much better it is.
                      1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Comment?

The Stainless Yoshi will be really nice. Only, I wonder if it will fit or not as you had to extend the spigots?
                        Laters
                        Greg
                        sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                        2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                        Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                        '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Got it back on the scales today was 480# last year now... ( drum roll please).... 465# I'm impressed didn't think it would drop that much but I'll take it.
                          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

The numbers look good front is 52% rear 48% can't see it in this pic as its on wheel weights with the stand on the third pad. I balanced it straight up and had 48% rear couldn't take a pic during that.
                            Last edited by akckhim; 05-17-2013, 11:20 PM.
                            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Great job! Looks awesome!

Comment

Got it back on the scales today was 480# last year now... ( drum roll please).... 465# I'm impressed didn't think it would drop that much but I'll take it.
                                Nice power to weight ratio.

I'll be interested in your comments about any discernible frame flex once you start to push the bike some. And if adding the weight of frame bracing would be worth it to possibly mitigate what may be a small amount of flex.

Low relative weight, good power and good riding position on a naked/standard bike; a very appealing combination. Nice job.

Comment

Working...
                                X