No announcement yet.

82 GS750E to GSXR1215 restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went back to the start and I have to say this is about the fastest resto mod I have seen where you started with a stock restoration with upgrades (custom exhaust and swing arm) and then went to a 17" GSXR conversion all in just over one year. Including an 1127 conversion. I guess you never really got into the engine but you obviously have the fabrication skills to pull this off so fast.

Great job. Looking forward to see the Yoshi pipe on there..

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I did most all of it here at home.had help with welding the frame mods by a friend at his shop a couple of things welded by a local shop but fabed all of it myself. And the seat was done by a local shop that does custom car and bike stuff. And with great help getting the parts from my friend Joe, and one of the Finishing touches from you the train light thanks again
      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
      1994 gsxr1100w
      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

500 mile checkup

Up on the lift for inspection and oil change. Everything looks good and tight. All welds look great no cracks or bending. Haven't noticed any frame flex.still sorting out suspension settings rear seems a little stiff so I took out about 3/4 turn preload on spring and softened the comp 6 clicks. Front is great won't change any settings yet. Engine has been awesome new base gasket stop the leak there and new rubber washers on valve cover stop that one.The taller gearing has been great much more rideable no more snapup wheelies was 14-50 (3.57) now @14-42 (3.00) runs just under 4500 rpm at 70mph.Overall very happy with upgrades just have to get a better exhaust for more clearance on right hand turns
        1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Looking good! Glad she's handled the shakedown. How are you liking the mounting position on your rearsets? How tall are you? Would you change their position if it weren't such a PIA? I actually have the same rearsets going on my 750 and it seems like mine are going to end up right about where yours are.

Comment

Thanks. The riding position is great' I am 5'8" so that helps wouldn't want them any higher. Not as cramped as my Gsxr.
            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Originally posted by akckhim View Post
              Thanks. The riding position is great' I am 5'8" so that helps wouldn't want them any higher. Not as cramped as my Gsxr.
              Shoot you're just a little fella! I'm not big but 6'0" with that same mounting location will be a bit cramped. I don't have much of a choice though because I need them in about that spot to clear the kickstart as well as not make me lose any ground clearance while cornering. I'm sure I'll be fine ha! Thanks for this thread though it's been fun to watch

Comment

little fella come on now that's a little harsh eh?
                1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

That bike looks sinister.. I love it. Great job.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

It is just an awesome bike. Have you thought of running 17/50 on the sprockets?
                    Laters
                    G
                    sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                    2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                    Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                    '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

I don't think a 17 would clear the clutch slave cylinder
                      1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Got it back on the scales today was 480# last year now... ( drum roll please).... 465# I'm impressed didn't think it would drop that much but I'll take it.
                        AWESOME build!
                        What kind/model of scales are these?
                        Thanks!
                        2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                        1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                        2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                        s)

Comment

Rebco brand scales. Race car stuff
                          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Rebco brand scales. Race car stuff
                            Nice tools!
                            Thanks!
                            2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                            1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                            2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                            s)

Comment

little fella come on now that's a little harsh eh?

It's all relative my friend . I'm only talking in comparison to the size of our bikes haha.

Comment

I will take a picci of mine with an 18. Only, it is an offset one but still, the chain should clear the pushrod. Unless I am wrong?
                                Laters
                                G
                                sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                                2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                                Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                                '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.:eek:

Comment

Working...
                                X