No announcement yet.

82 GS750E to GSXR1215 restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol i forgot that brake lever was loose i got a long way to go before its ready to ride. Thanks for noticing
    sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
    1994 gsxr1100w
    1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

A little bit of a set back after starting the engine i found some oil seepage from the right side at the base gasket So today removed the head and pulled the block up far enough to clean the surfaces and spray the gasket. The up side is i got to see exactly what i got because the engine was given to me by a former employer who had it built. I found new cam motion cams g8 intake g28 exhaust, new springs, retainers,and valves. The bore size appears to be 80mm so it would be 1186cc not 1216 that i thought it was. So tomorrow i clean and reassemble. Oh i guess i have to change the name of the thread
      1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

sounds good,its so mean it threw its own brake arm off! lol

1 thing, i would get rid of that huge stabilizer and go with a thicker smaller one under the neck , it looks to jap like it is now, wayyyyy out there if you get me ,but to each his own sounds good dude

Comment

I looked at using one of those that are under the bottom but no room for it to mount on the frame or the tree. The one i used is adjustable with 7 settings german made very high quality.
          1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Engine is back together,ready for my friend (who works for suzuki not a little shop or a dealership) to come over in the morning to check the cam timing and set them to optimal settings. He is a fantastic engine builder who has built some of the badest gsxr oil & water & busa engines i've ever seen with great reliabity and power, so i am lucky to have him comming to help me.

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Engine runs again no leaks so far i got a set of gauges from a gsxr 1100w solves my tach dilema and has mechanical spedo. some pics of the bracket i made to mount them

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

A couple pics of my "paint job" its a 3d carbon wrap i know its not traditional but nothing about this build is so i say wtf. I'm gonna get the reproduction stripe kit in the blue used on the 81 1100e it should look great. The tank is going to be the bigest challenge so i am practicing on the smaller pieces. I got the right side cover and the front fender to do yet as well.

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Side covers and tail look GREAT!

Eric

Comment

A couple more pics of the wrap after replacing the tail light lens and wraping the right side cover.

and a pic of the footpeg brakets i managed to get cut and drilled tonight at work shhh dont tell the boss. try to get the corners and edges rounded tommorow

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

The carbon wrap looks great. Cant wait to see the finished tank! This build looks like quite the hot rod. Keep up the great work.

Comment

Awsome job so far, and im not usually a fan of carboned out ricers.. but that looks very good and I gotta hand it to you on originality. I like your style cant wait to see it completed keep up the good work

Comment

how much wrap did you end up using on those? I might give it a try.

Comment

I got a 5 foot x 5 foot sheet wich is a little extra
                            1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

I got the front fender wrapped after one failed try at it using one piece,trying to get it to lay down on the top bend then when i pulled it down the sides it all bunched up in the middle not good it was horrible. So after several days of looking at many different ways to do it i settled on doing it in three pieces one on each side then one on top placing the seam wear the stripes will go.It was still very difficult to do, it took me and my wife a couple hours to get it done. Next up the tank probably on saturday when we're both home.

I also got the tank emblems painted and clear coated i think they will look great on the carbon wrap

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Well we got the tank wrapped last night 2 hours of fun to put it lightly. Its not perfect but will be ok for now cant wait to see it with the stripe kit on the blue should finnish off. getting close to the first ride, i am ordering chain & sprokets from z1 tommorow then im down to clutch and rear brake hoses clutch lever,grips and air cleaners as all that are left to get. now for some pics.

1994 gsxr1100w

Comment

Working...
                                X