• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    And, she looks good too!

Daniel
    Thanks, just wish the exhaust looked as good as the motor lol

Comment

Have you tried SOS pads (specifically) on the pipes? Not Brillo, not 000 steel wool..nothing but SOS. They're soapy and soft enough to not scratch, but might remove the rust on there safely. I've even used SOS pads on glass.
      1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

I just found you thread and will be watching. Is this the 1100gk my tail piece came off of? That motor is sure clean now!

Charlie G
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I bet hearing that engine fire was a pretty good feeling after all that work. Good going!

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
            Have you tried SOS pads (specifically) on the pipes? Not Brillo, not 000 steel wool..nothing but SOS. They're soapy and soft enough to not scratch, but might remove the rust on there safely. I've even used SOS pads on glass.
            No I have not tried that but I will,thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              I just found you thread and will be watching. Is this the 1100gk my tail piece came off of? That motor is sure clean now!

Charlie G
              Yeah just hope the motor runs as good as it looks lol.the tail piece is from the whole parts bike that I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by G. Bruns View Post
                I bet hearing that engine fire was a pretty good feeling after all that work. Good going!
                It felt very good to hear her fire up and run. Felt very accomplished. Thank you

Comment

update

just an update on my progress.Monday i have met a gentlemen that will vacuum sync my carbs for me and just for the cost of a six pack . So im gonna do some more cleaning on the racks for the bags and the secondary unit so it all looks pretty lol. Have great weekend and to those lucky enough to be riding this time of year STAY SAFE.
                  Pat

Comment

Almost there (pics)

Well today i had the carbs sync and the guy was very surprised how close they were just from bench syncing them. I must say she sounds very good!! TOOK ALL THE GROUNDS OFF AND CLEANED AND ADDED SOME NEW CONNECTORS AND I BELIEVE MY CHARGING ISSUES HAVE BEEN FIXED, I finally, tonight got the tank and seat on and side covers for a couple pictures.I HAVE NOT PUT THE BAGS ,TRUNK, OR FAIRING ON YET BECAUSE IM STILL DOING SOME SCRUBBING AND CLEANING.

Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2012, 11:16 PM. Reason: sorry for the caps

Comment

Good work. I like without the bags and fairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
                        Good work. I like without the bags and fairing.
                        Yeah I told my wife that too and she just scowled at me lol. The gk is the only bike I have that she enjoys riding 2 up on. So I guess she will be fully dressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ny_redneck04 View Post
                          Yeah I told my wife that too and she just scowled at me lol. The gk is the only bike I have that she enjoys riding 2 up on. So I guess she will be fully dressed.
                          I can't get my wife on my bike. Small price to pay I'd say.

cg
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by ny_redneck04 View Post
                            The gk is the only bike I have that she enjoys riding 2 up on. So I guess she will be fully dressed.

Riding with a naked wife on the back is probably not the best idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                              Riding with a naked wife on the back is probably not the best idea.
                              Dang...your quick!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                                I can't get my wife on my bike. Small price to pay I'd say.

cg
                                I have the opposite problem.
                                It is hard to keep her off!
                                She does, however, limit it to days that are over 40-45 degrees now after riding through snow storms and 50 mph gusts.
                                Go figure.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                                X