Winter project almost completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
    Riding with a naked wife on the back is probably not the best idea.
    well i actually probably wouldn't mind at all but her on the other hand might have a different say in that, of course depends if she was drinking or not lol she has gotten alot of free beer at rallies lol

Comment

finished and ready (pics)

Well shes all finished, waxed and polished ready to rode on this 80 degree weather on march 17th in N.Y. The wife and i did a 100 mile + ride today.Did notice it ran great and rode great!! Although i did notice i need to replace the fork seals.Must of overlooked them during the course of winter lol

Comment

Looks great! glad to hear shes running well.

Comment

The bike looks great....I hope that 80 degrees is heading my way!

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
            The bike looks great....I hope that 80 degrees is heading my way!
            its suppose to be 70 and 80s all next week so im hoping to get in on the riding game lol

Comment

Wow that looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by ny_redneck04 View Post
                its suppose to be 70 and 80s all next week so im hoping to get in on the riding game lol
                WTG!!! These Suzuki's LOVE to be ridden.

Eric

Comment

Gorgeous bike!

You officially made me want to paint my motor all silver. Was gonna do black... but that thing just looks like a shiny jewel in the center of that bike! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                    Gorgeous bike!

You officially made me want to paint my motor all silver. Was gonna do black... but that thing just looks like a shiny jewel in the center of that bike! Great job!
                    Thank you I'm very happy I went with the silver.I was going to also paint my motor black and polish the covers but the more I thought about the more I wanted silver being the rest oog the bike is black with metel flake and silver pin stripes I thought it would be to much.The paint is actuallt hight temp dupli color cast aluminum

Comment

That's exactly the color I just got. Did you do any prep other than soda-blast? I'm using about 3 bottles of Gunk Engine De-Greaser, power-washing, and then going over with soap and water and a wire brush, then power-wash again. Then, going to hit some of the case areas with Aircraft stripper (I have all-new gaskets that I'll install afterwards) and on the aluminum covers to polish them.

I don't have access to a soda-blaster (and don't have a compressor)... so I'm trying to do it all by-hand.

Comment

VHT 900 Degree cast aluminum caliper paint...

Eric

Comment

That looks pretty darn good too! There is SO much grease I still have to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
                            That's exactly the color I just got. Did you do any prep other than soda-blast? I'm using about 3 bottles of Gunk Engine De-Greaser, power-washing, and then going over with soap and water and a wire brush, then power-wash again. Then, going to hit some of the case areas with Aircraft stripper (I have all-new gaskets that I'll install afterwards) and on the aluminum covers to polish them.

I don't have access to a soda-blaster (and don't have a compressor)... so I'm trying to do it all by-hand.
                            I used my small craftsman sand blaster with baking soda and then on the harder crusted areas I used playground sand then just rinsed it off and painted it with 3 coats of paint with no primer.

Comment

Nice... I'm using "power purple" de-greaser (about 100x stronger than simple green) pressure washing, and then back and forth with a 'detailing' plastic and brass brushes.

Took about 3 hours, but I'm finally at the painting stages. The only 'really bad' encrusted area is on top of the cylinders around the plug holes.

For that I'm using rag after rag doused in "power purple" on the end of a screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                              X