No announcement yet.

GS750: White Orphan Baby build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The paint looks nice. May I suggest (if you haven't already) to seal the paint edge around your filler opening with Liquid Steel or JB weld. It'll help prevent the gas fumes getting under it and peeling the paint back.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Nvr, could you please post this in the tips section?

Eric

Comment

Sure. I've found it really works well.
        1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
          Sure. I've found it really works well.
          I was wondering what to do about that!! Thanks!

Comment

Tank is done...

Did a few rounds of vinegar soak, flush, re-soak.. and a LOT of crap came out... more than expected actually.

Also got my pet-cock sorted with rebuild kit... found out the problem with these rebuild kits... the damn o-ring in the kit is TOO small. So I just swapped out the old O-ring from the old baffle onto the new one, boom. Works awesome.

Hoping for brake parts on Tuesday... it's been 2 weeks... I'm starting to get nervous they lost my order. Grrrr...

Round 1 of vinegar:

Round 2:

I also took a 1.5 foot piece of dog choke collar , duct-taped it to to the inside of the gas cap, and swirled that around... worked MUCH better than trying to fish bolts out of the damn tank.

Comment

Looking good Danny, I also went with the SS lines from Earl's following the directions on the video provided by the company made it easy as all get out. I have had no issues as of yet. I understand that eerie feeling about them especailly as easy as they went together, but I have trust in what Nessim says so I am confident that I will have no issues.

Paul

Comment

Yea.. I figured if that many people used them with good result... it should be fine. Will the adjustable ones always be able to spin??

Comment

Got the tank clean... swirled around a bunch of high-octane with 30w mixed in... then sprayed a little WD-40 all over the place.

Hope it stays OK til tomorrow so I can fill it with fuel. Surface rust happens QUICK.

Finally... I can sit on it and rev it again... hahaha.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uwX...ature=youtu.be
                  <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I9uwXR4ZJr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

It is The Blue Streak!
                    It looks and sounds, FANTASTIC!!!!
                    You SHOULD be very proud indeed.

Eric

Comment

Haha!!! The Blue Streak indeed! I got the headlight parts by the way! Went in smoothly! Thanks again, Eric!

Comment

Is there a spring missing?
                        After I got back from shipping it, I saw what looks like a spring that goes with it.
                        I guess not: http://www.boulevardsuzuki.com/fiche...1982&fveh=2137

Eric
                        Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Nope, alls well!

Comment

See here: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=193254

Comment

Alrighty... Brake parts came in... calipers completely rebuilt... brakes bled... feels great!!

Today my jets, bowl screws, fuel screws, a carbtune, balancer fittings, and a few little odds & ends came in... so tomorrow, if all goes well... she will be ridden!!!!

I also got her plated yesterday. Pretty kickass!!!!

Comment

Carbs are all happy now?
                                Can't wait for the video of you actually riding this beast!!!

Eric

Comment

Working...
                                X