• Show
Clear All

Project Trizuki

Got it loaded up and safely home. "It'll buff right out."

Eric

nice

but where is the rest of it......

Comment

O what is it?don't remember a Suzi with a single swingarm.

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that its a Triumph.

Comment

triumph daytona? nice bikes

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
            nice

but where is the rest of it......
            The Triumph forks, fender, headlight, gauges, etc. are broken way beyond repair.
            '93 Suzuki GSX1100G forks and wheel on it in those pic's.
            I have all of the other parts, less fairing, and a factory service manual.
            He didn't have the bags on the back when he went down so they are still perfect.

Busy trying to get it running right now.
            I might end up putting this engine in a Suzuki frame or fixing this one up most of the way with some Suzuki parts.
            Depends on what I find.

Eric

Comment

Slapped a few parts on it...

Eric

Comment

The assistant showed up to help...

She likes bikes.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  The assistant showed up to help...

She likes bikes.

Eric
                  That is an awesome pic!

Comment

Originally posted by brslk View Post
                    That is an awesome pic!
                    +1! I have a pic of one of my cats on the seat of my 450 from many years ago, but it's a real print pic, not a digital one... and no scanner... told my wife she always wanted to be a bikie chic

Eric, I still say put the Trumpy motor in the GS... you know you want to...
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I really do love the sprint... this should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        +1! I have a pic of one of my cats on the seat of my 450 from many years ago, but it's a real print pic, not a digital one... and no scanner... told my wife she always wanted to be a bikie chic

Eric, I still say put the Trumpy motor in the GS... you know you want to...
                        Very true.

Most of the missing pieces of the puzzle to get this engine working again showed up today!
                        Not GS Suzuki cheap by a long stretch at all.

New slightly dented tank, 1,700 mile young (speedo/ tach/ data screen) gauges, Ignition switch (part of the top triple tree),
                        front master cylinder and reservoir, right hand clip on, brake and clutch levers and missing right front foot peg.

Tomorrow I will be transferring over the internal fuel tank parts (fuel pump and fuel level sender), the top triple tree, master cylinder and foot peg.
                        Hopefully I have a couple of the missing/destroyed relays for the wire harness or can switch the non-esential lighting relays.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                          Very true.

Most of the missing pieces of the puzzle to get this engine working again showed up today!
                          Not GS Suzuki cheap by a long stretch at all.

New slightly dented tank, 1,700 mile young (speedo/ tach/ data screen) gauges, Ignition switch (part of the top triple tree),
                          front master cylinder and reservoir, right hand clip on, brake and clutch levers and missing right front foot peg.

Tomorrow I will be transferring over the internal fuel tank parts (fuel pump and fuel level sender), the top triple tree, master cylinder and foot peg.
                          Hopefully I have a couple of the missing/destroyed relays for the wire harness or can switch the non-esential lighting relays.

Eric
                          What? You got all that stuff and didn't even post a pic of the parts? Shame Eric, shame!

Kidding! Looking forward to seeing a better tank on that thing... that first one is horrid!
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

So wait... are you restoring the sprint or hybridding this into a gs concoction? Haha.

Comment

It is not a bunch of fun tracing wires even with the factory manual.
                              To replace the ignition switch, you replace the top triple tree. Naturally.
                              It is riveted on...

I will have to do something to repair this broken oil cooler fitting...

After installing the fuel level gauge and fuel pump into the tank,
                              it is installed along with the right hand clip-on and master cylinder...

After plenty of time chasing wires...

More in a little while, hopefully.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X