No announcement yet.

Project Trizuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not pretty but, at least the oil goes through a cooler rather than onto the floor.

No throttle grip control as it was broken in the accident.
    Still haven't found the wires for the start button so I jumped the solenoid to start it.
    With a throttle position sensor, not terribly sure how much it likes to be over-riden but...

More work to do but worth trying to save I guess.

Eric

Comment

Eric.

Due to the bike being in such a state, the ECU probably de-charged causing it to loose all of the presets on the map. There is a learning curve to the ECU as far as once it re-sets, you need to go out and ride it... full warm-up/full cool down, 3 times. It will then learn all of the O2 settings and such.

It sounds pretty good other than the low-end studdering, which is normal for a de-tuned ECU.

Do yourself a HUGE favor.

Download TuneECU, and get yourself a OBDII cable. Plug your bike into the computer... you can reset the TPS, modify the fuel maps, download free aftermarket fuel maps, and change your O2, Trims, and IACV (idle air control valve) settings.

Before going crazy... visit Tom Hamburg's website, you can download TuneECU for free, and all the maps...

Follow ALL the directions, and read EVERYTHING. It's pretty tricky to get started... but once you do... it's like second nature.

Comment

It's alive! Good stuff Eric, sounds nice to my ears anyway...

Sounds like DannyMotor's got the goods for ya' too
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
          Eric.

Due to the bike being in such a state, the ECU probably de-charged causing it to loose all of the presets on the map. There is a learning curve to the ECU as far as once it re-sets, you need to go out and ride it... full warm-up/full cool down, 3 times. It will then learn all of the O2 settings and such.

It sounds pretty good other than the low-end studdering, which is normal for a de-tuned ECU.

Download TuneECU, and get yourself a OBDII cable. Plug your bike into the computer... you can reset the TPS, modify the fuel maps, download free aftermarket fuel maps, and change your O2, Trims, and IACV (idle air control valve) settings.

Before going crazy... visit Tom Hamburg's website, you can download TuneECU for free, and all the maps...

Follow ALL the directions, and read EVERYTHING. It's pretty tricky to get started... but once you do... it's like second nature.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/index.html
          +1 for all of the above. Make sure the OBDII cable is usb. The old com port models don't work with TuneECU. You MUST install the com/usb driver that Tom has on his site or it won't work.

Comment

Yes! +a million

Comment

Originally posted by DannyMotor View Post
              Eric.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/index.html
              Originally posted by bluewool View Post
              +1 for all of the above. Make sure the OBDII cable is usb. The old com port models don't work with TuneECU. You MUST install the com/usb driver that Tom has on his site or it won't work.
              One of the coolest things about owning a Triumph is the freeware ECU mapping...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Recieved the pair of straight Triumph rotors for the front wheel yesterday...

Still undecided whether to use the Busa USD front end or not with the Triumph parts.

Eric

Comment

With the help of one of the moderators and a forum member at a Triumph forum,
                  I found out that the Hyabusa USD forks are not only a near direct drop in replacement for the bent stock Triumph forks,
                  they also do a great deal to improve the front end and slightly increase the spring pressure as well.
                  The upper TT is from a TL model Suzuki.
                  So, it will become a Trizuki after all and my spare GSX1100G gets its forks returned to it.

Parts should be here in about a week.

Comment

Update:
                    Fork kit is due to arrive Monday!
                    Wish it was sooner. I can't wait to get busy.

Eric

Comment

thats a sweet bike good job on fixing it!, its going to look awesome with the busa inverted forks too.

Comment

Time to get back to work.

Today, I got the "Busa in the box."
                        Doesn't look like a five minute job but, I will get started at least!
                        New steering head bearings in a box to install, switch TT's, forks to switch out to another bike, etc.

Eric

Comment

First off, let me apologize if I have been doing what I hate the most about this site and making it into any other motorcycle forum on the web.
                          My initial intention WAS to install this engine into a GS 1100E frame.
                          After finding out on the Triumph site, that it was on up-grade to use the SUZUKI Hyabusa front end on it, well things change.
                          And the seating position, humongus (sp?)brakes and single-sided swing-arm sealed the deal!

If I knew how to make a poll, I would.

The question would be: "Do you want me to continue sharing this build on this site or should I stop now?"

If someone could do that for me, I would be thrilled.

Anyhow, with what might become my LAST post on this build, here is what I got fabed-up tonight.
                          I need to find longer grade 10.9 Allen-head pinch bolts for the TT's and make some spacers for the front axle ofset.
                          I am still waiting on the Hyabusa fender to go with this.
                          It kind of looks like it belongs on the Triumph and increases the front spring rate by 100 pounds.

Someone, please make a poll for me as I don't want to destroy the GS-ness that belongs on this site.

The old steering head bearings and races came out without too much difficulty with a 18" round punch and a few smashed fingers.
                          The installation of the new races was a piece of cake by using a 3/4" drive 1 and 3/8" deep socket to drive them in.

Eric
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Here ya' go Eric, everyone can now vote away for 14 days

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Keep it going Eric! Its a real blast to see the Hollander interchange of the motorcycle world unfold in real life. For me - if its got two wheels (heck even 3,4,6,8,18) bring it! Love the 'busa front.
                              1983 GS1100E

Comment

I like the thread. It's the right sort of ludicrous . Keep it going is my vote

Comment

Working...
                                X