Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Great Eric -- Keep it comin!!!

Comment

interesting build, what are your plans when done, park it next to the other hundred bikes, or are you selling this one.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post

interesting build, what are your plans when done, park it next to the other hundred bikes, or are you selling this one.
        Why ride it of course!
        Just like the other "hundred". LMAO!

Actually, any that I have (virtually) two of are being sold.

Keeping the '78 1000E and selling the '79 1000E.
        Keeping the '81 1100E and selling the '80 1100E.
        Keeping the '81 1000G (Goldie) and selling the other '81 1000G.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
          Why ride it of course!
          Just like the other "hundred". LMAO!

Actually, any that I have (virtually) two of are being sold.

Keeping the '78 1000E and selling the '79 1000E.
          Keeping the '81 1100E and selling the '80 1100E.
          Keeping the '81 1000G (Goldie) and selling the other '81 1000G.

Eric
          send me one of those gsx1100G's, I'll gladly send you $1 a day for the rest of one our lives...lol

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
            send me one of those gsx1100G's, I'll gladly send you $1 a day for the rest of one our lives...lol
            Waiting on the ignition switch to arrive sometime this week before finishing off the '93 Red (Maroon) one.
            Then, it too, will probably be available for sale.
            Under 7,000 miles showing on the ticker.

Eric

Comment

I just tossed the Duc fairing on it with a bungee cord to hold it in place for the pic's.

Or perhaps.....

Thoughts? Ideas? Too many SUZUKI parts on a Triumph?

Eric

Comment

Starting to look a little Frankenbike, if you don't plan on keeping it and selling it afterwards, I'd keep it more Tri looking to help the resell. I'm definitely not a big fan of any bike that has it's ass that high in the air, just looks funny, even if that's the way it was new. Fix it, unload it, make some money for bills or other projects. Anything you do to it is obviously better than when you got it.

Comment

I wouldn't say too many Suzuki parts, but the 1100 tail definitely doesn't work like that, too high and pointy...

I do like that Duc fairing on it though!

It definitely needs something to cover that horrid looking wiring on the right side of the engine though... you can tell it was designed to be a faired bike!
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

The Suzie parts are just thrown on with the weight of the seat holding them close to where they could be.
                    I am also looking for the Duc lowers that fit that fairing to modify for this project.
                    I also have a Yamaha complete fairing that was given to me that might be hacked up to make into suitable lowers.
                    And Pete, the wiring and relays will be moved inside of the frame rails as there is tons of room in there.

We'll see what happens along the way.

Eric
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-14-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

The Suzie parts are just thrown on with the weight of the seat holding them close to where they could be.
                      I am also looking for the Duc lowers that fit that fairing to modify for this project.
                      I also have a Yamaha complete fairing that was given to me that might be hacked up to make into suitable lowers.

We'll see what happens along the way.

Eric
                      Now that would be a real Franenbike Eric!

Here's a challenge... why not see how many different brands you can get parts on there to fit without major modifications?

I'm not taking the p!ss, I'm serious... it would be interesting to my mind to see if you could get all the four Japanese brands on there somehow along with some European parts... that'd be cool... or maybe I'm just insane...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                        Now that would be a real Franenbike Eric!

Here's a challenge... why not see how many different brands you can get parts on there to fit without major modifications?

I'm not taking the p!ss, I'm serious... it would be interesting to my mind to see if you could get all the four Japanese brands on there somehow along with some European parts... that'd be cool... or maybe I'm just insane...
                        Are you trying to move into MY territory???
                        I am certifiably insane in my visions of what a bike could be and how cheaply it can be done.
                        Without the use of a SawzAll and reversable to boot!

Eric

Comment

Are you trying to move into MY territory???
                          I am certifiably insane in my visions of what a bike could be and how cheaply it can be done.
                          Without the use of a SawzAll and reversable to boot!

Eric
                          Hahahaha maybe I am Eric!

Go on, do it! You know you want to

But I demand to see pic's! If you can get all the parts to flow together it would be very cool as a design exercise...

sigpic

Comment

But I demand to see pic's! If you can get all the parts to flow together it would be very cool as a design exercise...
                            Hell, I've got Yamaha handlebars and cargo rack/pilion and center stand spring, Harley air shocks and a Honda RR, diesel oil, pvc in my forks, it's all good

Comment

It would be cool if it ran/handled well and didn't cost much to make.
                              So far, so good on that part.

Eric

Comment

Yes true! So have you done it yet?

Seriously though, back on topic... what are you thinking for the rear? With just the seat in the first photo, it almost looks right just like that... can you do a tail piece with some fibreglass or aluminium to mimic the shape of that seat and just extend it a little more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X