No announcement yet.

GS750 1978 Cafe 'Project Doris'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this build is amazing!!! you really arent skipping on anything are you!? nice work.

Comment

Your depressing me...............

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

This is just beautifull! You inspire me to go on with mine

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, it's great to get such positive feedback from all over the world

Comment

This looks AMAZING! I planned on relocating the electrics under the seat with my cafe build as well but had no idea where to start. Now I have an exceptional idea of what to do!

Can't wait to see a video of her running!

Comment

Quick update.

Wiring now sorted Carbs fitted. Throttle cables, grips, headlamp etc. Not too far from starting her.... watch this space.

Does anyone have any experience of these brakes?? http://www.billet.co.uk/index2.html?home.html~mainFrame

Dec

Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

In my limited experience I've never heard of them, but their sure pretty.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I LOVE this bike. It's a work of art.

What craftsmanship.

If those brakes will work, they will look awesome.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the interest...

I bought the fold up kick stands for neater storage and with the assumption I'd still be able to use the kick start... unfortunately the kick just clips them and is unusable I've left it on for now as it looks quite cool, although may remove it for extra weight saving!

I have the mounts fitted for a Micron brace, I'm just putting some final touches to the brace and will also probably fit a shorten mud guard of some kind?

No chain guard, and a nice Vance and Hines megaphone end can is to be fitted

Originally posted by old_skool
                    Nice build, a few questions;
                    Does the kick start still work with those rearsets?
                    Are you adding a fender or fork brace?
                    Are you adding a chain gaurd?
                    Whats your plans for the exhaust?

Comment

Thanks for the advice mate, you never know I may add one as a finishing touch... never really thought of the points you mentioned!

Originally posted by old_skool
                      More concerned with the chain gaurd then any of the other items, reason I asked, is the rearsets you have put your pant leg in chomping vacinity, and for any reason the chain breaks, it will protect you leg and freshly built motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dec79 View Post

QUESTION: Has anyone fitted similar clip on bars?? These are the ones sold by Niche Motorcycles on eBay and look great. Only problem is the mounting brackets which come in contact with the tank on full lock. Looks like I'm going to have to rectify the situation by limiting the steering lock...???

Anyway... enjoy
                        Yes I have my bike fitted with 35mm clipon bars aswell, I CAREFULLY drilled and tapped the steering stop on the frame neck where the lower tripple clamp comes in contact, I then used a small stainless hex bolt to limit the maximum steering lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dec79 View Post
                          Quick update.

Wiring now sorted Carbs fitted. Throttle cables, grips, headlamp etc. Not too far from starting her.... watch this space.

Does anyone have any experience of these brakes?? http://www.billet.co.uk/index2.html?home.html~mainFrame

Dec

About the brakes, seeing as you put so much time and effort into your bike, I say go for the best!
                          And being a Swede I can recommend this: http://www.isrbrakes.se/
                          cheers!

Comment

That is an awesome cafe Zooki...
                            Just incredible. really nice work, and a well executed build, be proud of that for sure.
                            Just one more ppoint on the chain guard....if it don't make it go faster, ya don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                              Awesome! Lookin' great

Was going to suggest the Salty Monk Kwaka twinpot upgrade also if it fits your bike...
                              I am coming over these in about 3 weeks if all goes to plan... I'll be down in the South East. Can bring brackets over with me if necessary. Not sure they'll give the right look on your bike though. Stripped & polished with the brackets chromed it might work...

With EBC wavey disks

Standard Honda CBR
                              1980 GS1000G - Sold
                              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                                I am coming over these in about 3 weeks if all goes to plan... I'll be down in the South East.
                                As in down under Dan? Where in the South East are you heading exactly?
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X