I am a little late to this game ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaeKid View Post
    I had thought of that, but, on the forums that I run, I let average members have way more picture-hosting-space (size and number of pictures per post) and .pdf uploading ability and stuff like that and the advanced members get even more features. I am just tryin' to work within the rules of this site for now ...

If the moderators allow this

If you folks want to see what I did to build my "Adventure Trailer", the run-down (with lots of pictures) is over at KLR650.net ( http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97956 )

And if not, I won't mind if the moderators erase the link to the KLR site
    I'd love to see what an adventure trailer looks like, but I don't have an account on that forum.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Even a new member can use the Photobucket hosting for the picts. That's the way Frank (our site owner/moderator/originator) does this site. Otherwise, all you get is one pict per post and it's those annoying little thumbnails.

Comment

Dogma, you can see the trailer in the picture above with my GS on it behind my Jeep - the whole build from the initial planning and drawing parts up in 3D AutoCAD to the laser-cutting and CNC-forming and then all the welds I layed out, painting and such is documented over on the KLR-site.

Short-details on the trailer is a 5' x 7 1/2' deck on torsion-axles with 31" tires. Tail-lights mounted high, lots of tie-down points, wheel-tray welded to the deck and all the wiring for the lights is tucked-up out of the way and protected with lots of wire-loom.

The trailer has been used once, I will be pulling it into my garage and spending quality-time with my wire-wheel on my grinder to remove a bunch of the paint and re-paint it, soak parts of it down with rocker-guard and other parts with truck-bed liner. I originally planned for deck-lights (LED), batteries, fuel-tanks and air-tanks to be incorporated into the original build.

My original design parameters changed so I am on the hunt again for the right tool-boxes, fuel-tanks and air-tanks to mount. I will have to redesign my battery-boxes and solar-panel mounts. Once that is done, then I will work on the canvas-cover that will allow me to work inside the trailer out of rain / snow / sun / wind / etc.

Comment

Working...
        X