Project GSX1000 Katana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project GSX1000 Katana

OK... I bought this as shown in the picture. It is an 82 1000 Katana that needs a lot of everything. On the plus side, even the way it appears it will run. I am currently collecting parts as needed, but the bike will have to be completely torn down and the house paint that was used to paint the frame white will be the first to go. The bike is complete if you include the bags of parts that came with it.
    1982 GSX1000SZ
    1983 GS1100ES
    1983 GS1150ES3
    1989 GSXR1100
    1989 FZR400
    2007 GSXR 750 - Track
    1966 BSA 650 Lightning
    Honda NSR250R MC21

Good luck with the bike, at least its complete, they are getting rarer and rarer in this state especially the 1000 version!

Comment

I so want to get hold of one of those bikes. I just never have the money available when is see them come around. What are the plans for it. Going back stock or doing a little customizing on it?

Paul

Comment

this will keep you busy....

Comment

I am thinking about turning it into a vintage race bike and running a few track days and races with it. I can no longer afford speeding tickets and have a hard time enjoying these bikes at street legal speeds.
          1982 GSX1000SZ
          1983 GS1100ES
          1983 GS1150ES3
          1989 GSXR1100
          1989 FZR400
          2007 GSXR 750 - Track
          1966 BSA 650 Lightning
          Honda NSR250R MC21

Comment

looks like the poor thing sat outside for a while, are those stock pegs rearset?

wish my dad didnt sell his kat 1000, all original and he sold it for like a grand a couple years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by King Speed View Post
              I am thinking about turning it into a vintage race bike and running a few track days and races with it.
              I can no longer afford speeding tickets and have a hard time enjoying these bikes at street legal speeds.
              Street legal speeds are only for those that don't know how to ride/drive.
              The LEO's around here don't show by example to do anything but exceed them.
              And they CERTAINLY don't know how to find a turn signal to save their lives!

Eric

Comment

Working...
              X