1979 gs750, help (aka) parts needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs750, help (aka) parts needed

Firstly, my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section. But if I'm honest, I'm in a quite desperate situation.

In December I took my 100% untouched GS750 to have the carbs rebuilt and tuned. Unknown to me the hillbilly was running a bike chop shop out his backdoor. It has taken me 3 months to get my beloved back.

She is "mostly" complete but the local dysfunctional PD could not verify ownership of parts that were not attached to her. So I am now in a bad way. PS insurance is no help because they only value her ACV at $1500

I have a Las Vegas Rally 1979 750 with only 5K miles that is worthless. So I am reaching out to see if any of you have good parts laying around to get her back on the road.

The list of what she needs,
    Carbs on rails
    gas cap
    left and right side wings
    seat
    TONS of misc screws and bolts for air box and all those parts listed above..

Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I might have a seat but what are the wings?

Eric

Comment

IDK, I've always called those plastic covers wings..

Comment

I've got GS1000 side covers... you'd have to chop and re-weld your mounting tabs... or use zip-ties.

Um... I have an OK airbox with crap side covers (they're chrome... they'll need to be painted)... Forks, shocks, spare brake calipers, a set of 4 carb BODIES with no jets, bowls, or caps. Um... tons of random nuts and bolts.

Comment

Working...
        X