81 GS450 "W3" Cafe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS450 "W3" Cafe project

W3 aka Widdle Wed Wocket as I found her at the salvage yard. I love a challange. I have more pictures but it has taken me six weeks to get up the courage to try to get a picture on the forum. If this works I'll try some more. Pete is going to be so proud of me!
    Niels
    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM. Reason: Well, it appears I got excited too soon. I can't get the pic to open. Iff one of you succeeds, give me a heads up. Thanks.

If you used Photobucket the rest of us could see it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Yes more picctures please.
      ++ on the photobucket.

Comment

Jeep,
        Were you able to view the pic; I couldn't open it. I have a pretty high powered security system here at the office but I don't know if that would affect it? If my wrenching skills were no better than my coputer skills. I'd get a little shovel and bucket and go play in the sand box.
        Niels

Comment

tkent02,
          I have my Photobucket account set up and have loaded 20+ pics to it. I tried uploading one to the forum but it was really big and I could not open it from the post; I don't know if any of you were able to. I have a new camera and I got in to the menu and rest the pic size. There is also a way to resize pics right in Photobucket; I'll try to upload a resized pic to my build thread this morning and see how it works. If all fails, I'll post the bucket link and password till I get this all worked out.I've been wrenching and riding 'em for 50 yrs. but when it comes to using the forum, loading pics etc. I am definitely a newbie!
          Niels

Comment

Hey Niels, glad to see you've finally got a thread up!

Your Photobucket album may be set to private? That would stop it showing up...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Pete,
              Good to see you back. You may have solved the mystery. My bucket is set on private but I didn't think that would affect uploads to the forum.
              Thanks, Niels

Comment

You should be able to resize the pics with Photobucket.

Comment

Billy,
                  Thanks; I discovered that yesterday and hope to have time to resize them and get a few up today. Looks like you guys are going to drag me, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.
                  Niels

Comment

Originally posted by ndaugbjerg View Post
                    Billy,
                    Thanks; I discovered that yesterday and hope to have time to resize them and get a few up today. Looks like you guys are going to drag me, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century.
                    Niels
                    If I can do it anyone can. I just got my first smart phone a few weeks ago so I hear ya.

Comment

Billy,
                      Thanks for the encouragement; I got an iPhone about the same time. A year ago, I was given a HTC Aria. After a month and a half, I gave it to my neighbor who is a computer nerd. The iPhone is infinitely more user friendly. I tried getting some pics up but got frustrated; I'll work on it this weekend. In the mean time, if you are curious, my bucket account is "ndaugbjerg's album" and I changed the security at Pete's suggestion. Let me know if you should succeed in having a look.
                      Niels

I just noticed you're located on the edge of God's country. I assume that's the Texas hill country?
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Pete,
                        Your guess was right; The security was set to private. I made another attempt to get some pics up but got frustrated. I'll try again this weekend. In the meantime, it is "ndaugbjerg's album"
                        Niels

Comment

Billy,

I just noticed you're located on the edge of God's country. I assume that's the Texas hill country?
                          You got it, I'm in San Antonio. Come on over and ride sometime. Tried searching for your album on Photobucket and got no results.

Comment

Billy,
                            I don't knowwhat's wrong, but I'll work on it this weekend. Thanks for the invite but I probably won't ride from Seabrook to San Antonio. I have been thinking about going up to Alan Johncock's museum in Vanderpool and parking the trailer there. I thought a ride around that area would be fun and some of Alan's Australian meat pies for lunch. I could easily swing thru S.A. and pick you up. My bike is a cafe project and even if it weren't I'm not sure this 72 yr. old body is still up to that distance.
                            Niels

Comment

Billy,
                              I don't knowwhat's wrong, but I'll work on it this weekend. Thanks for the invite but I probably won't ride from Seabrook to San Antonio. I have been thinking about going up to Alan Johncock's museum in Vanderpool and parking the trailer there. I thought a ride around that area would be fun and some of Alan's Australian meat pies for lunch. I could easily swing thru S.A. and pick you up. My bike is a cafe project and even if it weren't I'm not sure this 72 yr. old body is still up to that distance.
                              Niels
                              I've been to the museum several times and the Johncock's are both very nice people. The roads in that area are second to none and you see very little traffic out there other than other bikes. If you trailer the bike over let me know and I'll meet you at the museum. Breakfast enchilada's are in order at the OST in Bandera too.

Comment

Working...
                              X