Possible build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible build?

I was wondering how hard or if a swap can be done.I have a 83 gs750..I really like the tank style on my bike.I was wondering if i could use most of my plastics and tank off my 83750 on a 83 gs1100.I know i would need to move the tabs and maybe take a couple of inches off the back frame?.What do you think?. I can swap all my suspension on to the 1100 frame.I went with the gsxr conversion already.I need a project for next winter lol.Has anyone tried this?

It might be easier to just move the 1100 motor to the 750 frame.
    At least that's what it sounds like to me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
      It might be easier to just move the 1100 motor to the 750 frame.
      At least that's what it sounds like to me.
      I tried to put an 1100 motor in a "83" 750 frame a few years back and it can be done but you would have to cut the frame in the cradle area because the 83 oil pan and area is alot narrower than the 1100, and to cut the frame there was not something I felt I wanted to do. The whole 83 750 motor is narrower than the 80-82 16 valve 750-1100 motors
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

The problem is i have some small rust holes i tried to fix on the frame..I love the look of my bike.I prefer it over the 1100..Just a thought is all.Fabricating wouldn't be to hard if it could be done.Even if i was only able to use my tank?...

Comment

Working...
        X