Official cafe2010 build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official cafe2010 build thread

Ok so I figured I might as well get this out there so here goes. I recently picked up an 82 GS 750T rolling chassis for a mere $60 via Craigslist.

I immediately tore into it starting with a compression test then proceeding with replacing gaskets as needed.

Now I'm just tracking down an picking up parts needed to complete her to my liking. Grabbed the carbs for $80 from a salvage yard.
    Picked up the tank for $25

and got this box of goodies for $50. In it were the hand and foot controls, full wiring harness, front caliper and brake line, starter, solenoid, starter cover, clutch cable, and fuse box. What a steal!!!

And now it's time to start cleaning everything up and modifying parts as needed.

Nice truck. I've got a 68 2wd short bed in the garage.

Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Your gonna be busy busy,lots of fun I'm sure.
      The Cafe trend is HUGE!
      http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
      1978 GS1000C
      1979 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000E
      2004 Roadstar

Comment

Beater that's my brother in laws play truck

Rover yea I'm gonna be busy especially since I am such a neat freak and the urge to hand clean every part is really kickin my ass right now lol.
        I figure I've got a nice little start right now, plus everything has been plenty cheap thus far. And I have a real nice surprise in store for the rest of the parts. I figure after I'm done I'll be less then a grand into this build.

Comment

Ok does anyone recommend a particular caliper rebuild kit?

Comment

Stock OEM parts are the only way to go.... K&L stuff is not as good.

With that fork you could also upgrade to twinpot brakes using the bracket sets I have... Newer brakes with a lot more power and feel.
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Salty monk I'm listening. Please continue. What would I do with the speedo gear?
              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X