heres my 1981 gs550l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres my 1981 gs550l

I bought it from a friend that didnt get to finish the build before he moved away. heres some pics let me know what you think. i think i might make it a cafe look over the winter. it was a project to get it running so im gonna enjoy over the summer then tear it about once winter rolls around. I might go back to the stock tank. cafe seat. or just make a full on bobbber im not to sure yet.

heres how it looked when i brought it home. he put smaller rear shocks. and a different gas tank.

heres how she sits now. my plans over the winter are to change the seat and some small things.

You realize he went from an already small gas tank to almost nothing at all? I'd start looking for a new one to at least give you some distance.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I get close to 100 miles with this tank.

Comment

Your tank/seat combination are cracking me up, but you know, it's got character. Easy Rider meets old school sports hybrid. Good job on getting it running and making it work.

Comment

Meh, it's an L.
          They sell hacksaws at Walmart.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

proper tank would make a better look. The gold carb tops are an unfortunate turn of events. Look, i'm crazy I like side covers and fenders. I am glad you kept some type of fender on there.

Comment

I dig the gas gauge.

Comment

Working...
              X