79 gs 750 cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs 750 cafe

Got a 79 gsmost of the work was dun but im fixing all the mistakes and things he missed iv repainted the tank working on a hinge seat the battery is new but will not keep acharge so im thinking there is something rong with the wireing also have to replace rear disk and pads

Ill post pictures when I figureout how lol

welcome

posting pics is pretty easy.

Step 1 take the pictures and put them on your computer
    Step 2 sign up for a photobucket account and upload your pictures to the account
    Step 3 in photobucket click the "IMG code" of the image you want to post. This will copy the code into window's clipboard.
    Step 4 paste the code in your post by right clicking on the text box and select "paste"

Repeat step 3 and 4 many many many times as we like pictures

Comment

Hahaha I dun it that way before but idk if I can do that on my phone ill have to try is there no way to make atachments

Comment

If you have an android phone there is a photobucket app. There might be something for iPhone but I am not sure.

Comment

Yea the iPhone has one too but I don't care for it as it says the upload fails and then I get two pictures on the site. So, I'll just connect the phone to the computer, copy over, upload to my photobucket that way and then post here.

Or, you can always email them to yourself by using your text messaging and sending it to an email address.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

i actualy got both lol here are the pictures

when i got it seat pan is off but other than that i havent dun anything

dont hate on the geto lift i have sence bought a bike jack tank is off for paint and bondo the guy had the front wheel backwards the port for the speedometor was faceing the rong way

didnt like the plastic skirt so i made new ones very rough dont think im putting them on looking like this

painted tank wanted a rat rod black so i used steel whool to rough up the clear coat

this is just a mock up of the bike

right now im working on the electrical problem i got the rear disk and pads replaced and bled my brake line so thats all working now

still have the electrical, seat pad, going to put a hinge and latch on the seat pan so i can get to the battery and storage then just normal run through of the motor

Comment

On the last coat of bondo on the skirts but the electrical ishueis still kicking my but I I look at all thesewires and have no clue where to start

Comment

Do yourself a BIG favor and get some front brakes on that thing. It is your PRIMARY brake.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

You have nice garage space to work on your bike - lucky man.
                  Looks like your forks are on backward, the right is on the left and left is on the right.
                  And don't ride that thing without a front brake!

Edit: you beat me to it Spyder.
                  -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

The guy I bought it from gave me all the original parts I beleave the front brake is in there so I'll get on that if not I'll get one for it before I get to riding her

And as for my shop i do have a nice set up right now but here in a month I'm going to have to take her home and work in my shed lol
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

has anyone got sand in their tanks from sand blasting ? its pretty rough

Comment

Well had my battery checked and its a bad battery so got anew one hopefuly its my battery and not a short

Comment

Well I'm going to bring this back from the dead

So iv had a few set backs I was running to rich and the previous owner cut the clip ons down so I couldn't fit the front brake handel on. So I here is a list of all the things I have dun to fix these problems.

- replaced the clip ons with club mans
                          - got new carb boots
                          - replaced the screws to the carb boot with an Allen head skrew

Still to do
                          - rebuild carbs I was missing the gaskets for the float bowl so just going to rebuild everything sence I don't know if anything else Is missing
                          -put front front brake on
                          - wire up turn signials

I know I'm missing something else.

Comment

I figured out what I forgot. I welded a hinge on the seat pan and am working on a latch so it is easy to get to the battery and I can attach a seat pad as it is verry uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                            X