getting started, GS1100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting started, GS1100gk

This is where it started. 1982 gs1100gk barn find. Got it amonth or so ago.
    I got the carbs off, went through them, installed with new plugs and an auxillary gas tank and it runs pretty good. NO baffles, stock jets and no pods yet, but it runs. So it's running and I'm syncing up the carbs,get them pretty close rap the throttle and the motor sounds AWESOME. I love the big suzy 4 sound, always have . I plan to run a good 4 into 1 and pod filters. I already increased the pilots one size, but with stock 115 jets I'm thinking maybe 120 on the mains...to start. Anyway I'm tearing it down, everything seems usable but it all needs attention. The seat was totally wrecked, pan rotted to nothing.
    I've got it 80% tore down, got some stuff polished up. I'm a little stimey by what to do for a seat. I've got a better junk seat coming to help work that out. Motor should be out next week, and redo the gaskets and paint it up and polish the covers.

I"ll post more pics...

carbs looking good, I only have 2 pods

Comment

Mostly stripped down

Comment

the engine covers and stuff polish up pretty good.

Oh, and anyone please feel pree to tell me how to post pics, I can only get one per post. Yeah I know I'm a dumbazz

Comment

Create a photobucket.com account. Load the pictures to your account. copy and paste the img. link from the pic in photo bucket into the text of your post on the forum. Hit preview post and you will be able to view the pictures.

Good luck and good work so far.

Comment

If you are running pods and no baffles then you need to rejet. I am using a dynojet stage 3 kit. I'm sure there are guys on here who can get you in the ballpark of the mains and pilots. My stock mains are 115 and I'll wind up using the equivalent of a 130 or thereabout. Mine is on an 82 850GL running pods and 4 into 1 pipe.

Comment

Working...
            X