'82 1100E project? Need info....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 1100E project? Need info....

Awhile back there was a Kat for sale a couple hours from me, and when I emailed the guy, it turned out it was a Kat look-a-like built on an 1100e frame. I wasn't worried about that, but the bike turned out to have some title issues that I didn't want to get involved with.

Fast forward to now, and my brain starts thinking that I have this '82 1100e that I'm slowly going through piece by piece, and it's shaping up to be a nice bike. What would it take to turn this into a Kat-a-like?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking - fairing, headlight, guage cluster, bars, tank, seat side panels, and tail panel. I know the peg mounts and passenger pegs are different, but I'd probably just adapt some modern rearsets to the frame and forget about the passenger pegs anyway.

Is this a crazy idea? This is my second 1100e, and I've never had a Kat, but I've always wanted one. Once I'm done with the work on the 1100, it will be a clean and 100% sorted bike, so if I dress it up like a Kat, then I'll have a clean and sorted Kat (with Yoshi cams, a Stage III kit and a V&H pipe to boot). I'm not worried about original anything, I just want a cool bike. Another plus is that I can still ride the 1100 while I collect the various parts. Some of them can be found on NOS on ebay (of course, for a pretty penny).

So how much trouble is this going to be?
Working...
X