79 gs 750 cafe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 gs 750 cafe project

just about to start my cafe build project on a 79 gs 750 and was wondering what the speedo ratio is as i'm unsure what gauge to buy.i plan to rejig the setup and put battery under rear hump as many others have done.has anyone used a Vonzeti seat off ebay????are they worth the money????fancy the seat and tank combo.

The speedo ratio is 2240/60. DO NOT USE A 2:1 speedo, they are wrong.

You sometimes see speedos mis-marked online. Check the stickers on the gauge. If they say "M=2,0" - that's no good. The ones marked "M=2.1" are 2240/60.

AMHIK

Comment

No "Vonzeti" results on ebay. Post a link.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
        No "Vonzeti" results on ebay. Post a link.
        cant for the life of me get a link to ebay page to work.Vonzeti uk based company sell thru ebay seat and tank combos.

Comment

Originally posted by bomber10 View Post
          has anyone used a Vonzeti seat off ebay????are they worth the money????fancy the seat and tank combo.
          find my project thread on here (project Doris) I fitted one recently. Great quality, well worth the money.

Dec

Comment

Originally posted by Dec79 View Post
            find my project thread on here (project Doris) I fitted one recently. Great quality, well worth the money.

Dec
            your doris sure looks cool.hopefully mine might turn out a little like yours.quality workmanship.was thinking of splashing out the cash and getting vonzetti tank as well but yours looks good.my wiring loom is a total mess,fuse box completely gone etc etc.looks like a total rewire nightmare ahead.i notice under your hump you have two units on side of batt box.rectifier and ????i recently bought a unit which combines both regulator and rectifier off ebay hope it does the trick.can i ask just to be sure what ratio is your speedo.getting different advice regarding m=2.1 and 2240/60??????any hints on good suppliers for clipons etc very much welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X