'82 Katana, "the tomato project"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Master Cylinder Question

I looked up the part number for the front master cyclinder (the one on the bike is cracked) and its 59600-49330. It appears this part has been superceded by part number 59600-49350. Has anyone bought this and was it a good replacement, meaning does it looks the same and had no issues bolting up to the handlebar?

If anyone has a used one that is in good shape and just collecting dust in your parts bin; I would be interested in buying and putting it to good use.

Thanks.

Comment

Tomato Katana Update

Here are some latest pictures. Right now the color has be de-tomato'd and silver was reintroduced, the front forks are off to be rebuilt and polished, rims are being painted silver, new tires have been ordered, and going to polish up the swingarm.

Cheers.

Comment

'82 Kat, Finished, sort of

Finally my Katana is ready to come home after receiving a lot of TLC and my Benjamin’s. I feel pretty guilty showing this bike off since most of the work was done by someone else’s hands other than mine. Due to job demands and for the fact I live 250 miles between home and work, I can’t spend as much time on these bikes like I used to. Nonetheless, I have been looking for one of these bikes for a long time and not only did I found a good specimen to work with, I also found a shop whose owner and mechanics are top shelf; especially when it comes to 70-80’s vintage bikes. Not only does these guys do great work, they'll give you an education if you care to learn.

Therefore, after stashing cash over the past three years and sticking in my dream bike jar, I pulled it all out and along with some tax refund money…well, may I present to you my new mistress.

She still needs a lot of cosmetic work, like I want to get the frame back to being silver and there are a lot of bits that needs attention, but its springtime and the most of the snow has now melted in Connecticut and the itch to ride this bike is getting the best of me.

Comment

She is a beauty, Battle.
          Finished just in time for Spring...excellent timing.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Man how did I miss a Kat thread?? She looks great!!!
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Great looking bike. They did a good job. Now, RIDE!!!!

Comment

Super nice Katana!

It's good to have friends in the Sportsbike Maintenance business...like you said, if you wanna learn...hang around the shop for some education. There's also some ball-busting going on but that comes with the territory.

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Working...
                X