81 gs650 - r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs650 - r

Coming along nicely. It got it running and running well - this thing is much quicker than I expected! I like it!!! Did all the safety checks and began taking down, changing over what I wanted. And the fun began. Everything has been going relatively smooth. Moved the rear tail forward with a few mods, 91 FZR600 Rear wheel/ Front-end. Bolted right in - who would have thought? Serious upgrade to front end and got the look I'm going for. Conflicted about fairing right now - that can wait. Need to disassemble and paint frame/ swingarm. Wish I could upload more pcitures.

Here is what it looked like when I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by tedk View Post
      Wish I could upload more pcitures.
      The trick to "more pictures" is ... don't upload them. At least not as attachments on this site.

You need a picture hosting site, like Photo Bucket or Image Shack, upload your pictures there, then just copy the IMG link and paste that in your message. You can put up to 10 pictures per post that way.

For the complete how-to, click HERE.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 11-24-2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Looks like this worked. Not sure if it is what you suggested, but I could not get them to attach for the life of me about an hour ago. Thanks!!

Comment

Hit enter a couple of times between each picture to put some decent spacing in there. Otherwise, good looking pictures so far.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for the posting tips.

Comment

Have at look at this link....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                  Already gave him the link in post #3.

It's disguised as the word HERE.

sigpic
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Progress.... a little

Comment

Bike is making nice progress, still need to hit the ENTER key twice between picture links, though.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Saw this bike in person. It's going to be good!

Comment

Sorry about that, I'm an idiot. I read how to post about 10 times too. Now I have the fever, I want to work on this thing 24/7. I swore I would take my time, snow is still on the ground. Added wheels overnight.

Comment

Next time I take pictures it will be painted. Want to ride for a little bit as is, double check - then paint last.

Comment

Looking good.

Have you given thought to modifying the tank and going with something a little lower profile?

Those pipes should sell quickly if they are in as good of shape as they look, and you decide to go to a 4:1.
                              '83 GS650G
                              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                              X