Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug and weld

A spray now welding it in

Now I gotta figure out how these seats go on!

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Good job Simon, glad to see some progress! Looks like a neat job on the bending and welding there too.
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks Pete

Just had my mate over to swap out some shims as I have the valve cover off and thought we would check the clearances. Only 2 needed swapping ! the rest in spec.

I will post some pics soon of the painted covers and a neat little throttle housing I have installed.

Then it will be time to crank her up and do the timing ...open pipes...should be fun and loud!

Comment

Good stuff, and pic's are always handy! Otherwise how do we know it's true?

Are you planning on running it with open pipes once done or is that just a temporary thing to get her running for now?

sigpic

Comment

Open Pipes GS850

I have dreams Pete of open pipes.....

But maybe they will be just dreams....othere than that I will have to come up with some muffler options that work...
              Something like this maybe

Comment

Rear Calipers blasted painted and installed

Running a HEL stainless hose kit with great look gold end fittings! Easy purchase inline however I have found the rear hose is shorter and won't run original line ...easy fix just miss one of the rubber bush cleats and it will fit straight in ....

I like these hoses very much

Last edited by Guest; 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

CV32 Pilot jet valves

I have stripped and rebuilt the carbies again due to them sitting there for way too long for me to be happy about....

I have reinstalled the

200 Air Screw
                  42.5 Pilot
                  120 Mainjet

So will be interesting to see how the tuning goes when I finally get there...particular with 200 air screw which seem to get alot of comments.

Any body want to chime in... I will will keep you all informed with the results.

This is the right pilot for the CV's isn't it?

Comment

What the GS850 original was brought home looking like

Comment

Valve cover blasted and painted ready to go on....

Comment

New HEL brake lines..love the brass gold fitting!

Comment

Very nice Simon, looking good!

I say don't go open pipes and get some Dunstall style like that Honda, they look the goods.

Tranzac will make you some nice pipes and he will do a Dunstall end can on it as well if you like, very happy with what he did for me.

What did you paint the calipers with? I used 3M caliper paint from the rattle can and it started to flake off and look 30 years old again as soon as I baked it...

sigpic

Comment

Hi Pete

Calipers were painted and baked with a pot belly paint from Bunnings...simple but effective.
                            I will post a pic when I have time.
                            I havent heard of Tranzac..what are their details?

S

Comment

Originally posted by simonw View Post
                              I have stripped and rebuilt the carbies again due to them sitting there for way too long for me to be happy about....

I have reinstalled the

200 Air Screw
                              42.5 Pilot
                              120 Mainjet

So will be interesting to see how the tuning goes when I finally get there...particular with 200 air screw which seem to get alot of comments.

Any body want to chime in... I will will keep you all informed with the results.

This is the right pilot for the CV's isn't it?

You replaced the stock 160 air jets with 200's? If so, I would think that a 37.5 or perhaps 40 pilot jet would be in order. (Too rich)
                              Yes, that is the correct pilot jet for the stock carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
                                You replaced the stock 160 air jets with 200's? If so, I would think that a 37.5 or perhaps 40 pilot jet would be in order. (Too rich)
                                Yes, that is the correct pilot jet for the stock carbs.
                                No they were as found in the carbs...
                                Apparently this year model may have been brought out with them..?

Comment

Working...
                                X