X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Brat GS850

Bit of road testing

No foot pegs yet ....challenging
    Last edited by Guest; 04-21-2014, 03:11 AM.

Comment

As for the SS bolt kit. I bought one for my 850 and got way more than I needed. Couldn't believe the price. If I had to buy them all separately they would have cost me 50x more. Z1 also ships abroad and on the lading bill they list it as old motorcycle parts. I have never had to pay duties or taxes on anything I ordered from them up here in Canada. Seems they have international shipping down to a fine art. Either that or the customs agent is a biker.

Comment

That thing is pure badassery. Love it!
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
          As for the SS bolt kit.
          Thanks for the info Phred!

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            That thing is pure badassery. Love it!
            Yes... she gives me a wry smile when I ride ... the best is yet to come

Thank you sir

Comment

She sounds good Simon! Glad to see you could at least take her for a quick spin... but no seat and no footpegs... ouch!

As for the battery, I just went with a Motobatt, same size as stock so no help there I'm afraid...
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

great video! sounds nice.

Comment

hey simon, do you have any pics of how you mounted the speedo? i'm thinking of different ways to do mine....

Comment

Seat cover finally ready to fix on.

Comment

Mini Speedo mount

Originally posted by growler View Post
                      hey simon, do you have any pics of how you mounted the speedo? i'm thinking of different ways to do mine....
                      Growler there are 2 mount holes on your triple tree, originally for the big boofy speedo cluster.
                      I used the left one to put a bolt through for my mini speedo thus:

Comment

nice and clean, love it.

i am looking into a brat seat, but the kick up being a greater angle. or moving that rear cowl forward, chopping 6-8 inches off. something that will be comfortable on longer rides and give me a little back support. let us know if that seat is comfortable enough for you.

Originally posted by simonw View Post
                        Growler there are 2 mount holes on your triple tree, originally for the big boofy speedo cluster.
                        I used the left one to put a bolt through for my mini speedo thus:

Comment

i dig that bottom mount headlight as well. very clean. did you fabricate a mount?

Comment

nevermind, checked your pics again and saw the bracket/mount

Originally posted by growler View Post
                            i dig that bottom mount headlight as well. very clean. did you fabricate a mount?

Comment

Seat looks good Simon! Must be more comfy than sitting on frame rails...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

update!

Comment

Working...
                                X