X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750, Street-tracker-ish

When I got it:

Currently:

New: carb to head boots / o-rings, sprockets, chain, tires, battery, dirt bike handlebars, grips, brake pads, valve shims, exhaust gaskets, engine gaskets, air filter, oil, oil filter, clutch springs, clutch cable, tail light (to be mounted)

Rebuilt: carbs, front and rear brake systems, gauge cluster, wiring harness, air filter box

Misc: GSXR front master cylinder, stainless braided brake lines, Dyna S iginition, custom bits

Painted: Exhaust, valve cover end caps, headlight bezel, rear fender (from some other Zuk)

Frame is cut down and shaved, working on the seat, got the rear fender mounted today. Still needs work but its in progress. Hopefully done by Spring. Needs ignition relay mod too.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-23-2013, 10:48 PM.

Seat pan almost done. Better pictures.

Comment

Hey, look like you and I are working on the same bike. Right now I've got the engine in about 100 pieces and I'm working on removing the crank cases for cleaning and possibly powder coat. I'll have to keep an eye on your project.

Comment

Start a thread on your project man. Would be good to see it. Im curious what others who kind of dig the same (simple) style are doing.

I didn't go that far on mine...the bottom end was untouched. Probably should but my first intention when I got it over a year ago was to turn out a rideable bike that looked kinda cool but little did I know that it would turn into a much larger project. So at first all I did was a thorough clean and tune up, got it running well, then did some minor cosmetics. Then I wanted to sell it b/c I was tired of it and not being able to ride it. Then I got back into it a couple weeks ago and really just jumped back in. However, I still want to ride it for summer so rebuild will have to wait. Its just gonna be a decent looking rider for now. Then maybe a little more "detailed" when Im ready. More work with pictures below.

Comment

Started a mock up of the rear seat. I used the original seat cover (Post #1) from when I got it (since it was in great shape and there was plenty of material). I just pulled it kind of tight and used 2" masking tape to hold the general shape for viewing and ideas.

I tried to get the pics on a more solid back ground but the lights are dim on that side of the garage. So I moved it. I think the seat looks pretty good and will look much better when its properly attached.

And the tail light. Give me some input about mounting it (angle, distance from the seat, etc). Where it is in the pic is kind of what Im thinking but I dunno. I will be removing the license plate part of the bracket and coming up with something else for that.

Need rivets, door edging, glue and some flat steel stock to reinforce the seat pan.

Comment

Working...
          X