GS1000 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 project

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum. I have a 1981 GS850G restored to very good condition, and this bike has gotten me hooked! I want to redo a GS1000, but like I said, am very new to all of this. I want to know if there are any major issues to watch for or any recurring issues people come across with the GS1000's. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    Jade

Welcome.

Nice choice of a first bike, you will like the second even better. It is a lot like the 850, just that there is more of it.

Size-wise, it is identical, they even share the same part number for the frame.
    The engine just has a bit more grunt through the entire range, making it that much more enjoyable.

You can see that we have a bit of experience with both of those bikes by clicking on the links in my sig.

Where are you? Please add your location to your profile, one of us might be close enough to lend a hand.
    I will also suggest adding a signature that mentions your bikes, so you don't have to remind us what you are working on every time you ask a question.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
    X