project old fart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project old fart

hey guys im new to this forum and just recently purchased a 1983 gs1100e i plan on building into a streetable custom out of i want to keep the stock frame, body, motor, ect with subtle mods such as a rigid rear conversion, lowered forks, drag bars, and cut down seat, aswell as tons of powder coating work. to be truthfully honest im not a purist im a custom bike guy im use to harleys and choppers but after riding this bike i fell in love with the size and power i will be regularly adding pics so everyone can see so thank you for looking

what the bike looks like now it does need work not as clean as the pics show

what im hitting for as far as the style goes

hi and welcome. so you are looking at building a drag bike then?

your first pic attachment does not work.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Welcome! I couldn't view the attached picture/link either.

So are you planning on building a chopper style bike?

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

well close i still want it streetable not real big into drag racing just love the style pluss in my neck of the woods everybody wants bobbers so its completely different than the norm round here thank you for the hospitality bro and the first pic was of how it looks now as soon as i get my photobucket workin right ill post some better pics for ya

Comment

cool, road legal drag bikes are far better than bobbers and choppers, or is that "nobbers" and "floppers"?
          1978 GS1085.

Comment

lol that is very true agemax i got my photobucket kinda wanting to work so here is what im starting with

like i said its a clean bike but it does have its issues like since this picture the side covers got broke from a previous owner and its got tons of neglect as far as mainance

Comment

and here is what i am going for still very ridable but modded enuff to give these bikes the attitude they deserve

Comment

looks sweet, almost too nice to hack about. make sure you mod it carefully so it would be easy to return it back to stock
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

thank you i am the rear is just gettin struts and i have another seat to cut down plus im keepin the stock bars the only thing im completely blind about is lowering the front forks so other than the forks i deff could raise it back up and put it back stock if i ever had to or wanted to

Comment

best idea is to buy some second hand forks and get them shortened, keep your good set. you may be able to lower it an inch or 2 by sliding the fork legs up through the trees.
                    not sure about that on that model
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

Sweet lookin' ride! You've got some nice plans...will follow updates.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

thanks gsxr im lookin forward to gettin it goin and yea i thought bout havin the forks shortened 2 inches then sliding them up 2 inches as long as i have 2-3 inches header clerance ill b fine round here riding wise im gona start on it probably thursday getting everything tore down and gettin the clean up done on the frame and wiring harness like i said i got a buddy who does powdercoating so alot of parts will be sent to him im aiming for the first of june to have it back on the road and riding so im gona deff b bustin my butt on it

Comment

keep us posted on the progress and dont forget the pics, we all love pics on here.....
                          1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                            looks sweet, almost too nice to hack about. make sure you mod it carefully so it would be easy to return it back to stock
                            Oh, such a nice bike to be put on the choppin block. I hope you'll maintain the ability to return it back to stock should the need or want arise.
                            sigpic
                            Steve
                            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                              Oh, such a nice bike to be put on the choppin block. I hope you'll maintain the ability to return it back to stock should the need or want arise.
                              yep, that's what i said!.......
                              1978 GS1085.

Comment

Working...
                              X