Kickin Old School... Fresh Out of CINCINNATI! 81 GS750L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickin Old School... Fresh Out of CINCINNATI! 81 GS750L

Hey everyone! First of all I'd like to start with saying how I really enjoy this forum. Good people on hear. Anyways, my bike is finally at the point where I feel as if its worth sharing it.

1981 Suzuki GS750L

I'm looking for an old school look, and here is so far where I am at:

Jetted and cleaned carbs (Thanks to Steve)

This is a fun bike, I can't wait to ride it. Should hopefully be done next week. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2013, 05:27 PM. Reason: Add more pictures

I thought all of our bikes were already old-school. I guess it's all perspective!

Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Correction: "Older School" ;-)

Comment

Removed the gauges tonight

Comment

Comment

What's your thought on the wheels and tires?

Keep em the same?
            Red wheels with gangster white walls?
            Flat black with knobby tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
              What's your thought on the wheels and tires?

Keep em the same?
              Red wheels with gangster white walls?
              Flat black with knobby tires?
              Stock for now. I'd like wire wheels and white wall Firestone tires

Comment

The handlebars look dumb & will make the bike hard to ride. Not to mention hard on your shoulders. Silly Fad. Whatever, like they say, "theres just no accountin for taste". Heck, take the shocks off too And put a springed bicycle seat on it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by redstedman View Post
                  The handlebars look dumb & will make the bike hard to ride. Not to mention hard on your shoulders. Silly Fad. Whatever, like they say, "theres just no accountin for taste". Heck, take the shocks off too And put a springed bicycle seat on it LOL
                  It's only 12" bars and I'm 6'4. The bars fit normal to me. Who said there is no accounting for taste? I don't hate on your bike.

Comment

lookin good, Bro ! That thing looks like it's gonna be alot of fun !

Comment

Originally posted by Son of the Beach View Post
                      lookin good, Bro ! That thing looks like it's gonna be alot of fun !
                      Thanks. I see your out of Fairfield, you ride local?

Comment

I am a fair weather rider...LOL, currently between GS's...no LOL.

Tell us about the gas tank! Where did you get it and how tough was it to mount up? Looks good on there...

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKiD View Post
                          It's only 12" bars and I'm 6'4. The bars fit normal to me. Who said there is no accounting for taste? I don't hate on your bike.
                          I not a hater.

The "no accountin for taste" is an age old addage & is true. True also is my statement about the bars. I see the adolesant look you're going for & hey, its your bike. I don't hate it. You can rattle can paint it matte black I don't care.
                          When you post pics of your bike or project you invite comments good & bad. Would you really want only good comments and pats on the back? We could all lie to you I guess. Nope. I not a liar either. Hey neighbor, enjoy it and ride the **** out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by redstedman View Post
                            I not a hater.

The "no accountin for taste" is an age old addage & is true. True also is my statement about the bars. I see the adolesant look you're going for & hey, its your bike. I don't hate it. You can rattle can paint it matte black I don't care.
                            When you post pics of your bike or project you invite comments good & bad. Would you really want only good comments and pats on the back? We could all lie to you I guess. Nope. I not a liar either. Hey neighbor, enjoy it and ride the **** out of it.
                            I feel ya. I don't care if people like it or people hate. I like it. I built it. I just didn't like how you worded your comment. Sounded more like you where hating on me and my taste in motorcycles. Not my bike. Hate on the bike. Not on me. We all are here for the same reason because we love these bikes. But its all good, I ain't mad at ya lol and that "adolescent look" has been around for half a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Son of the Beach View Post
                              I am a fair weather rider...LOL, currently between GS's...no LOL.

Tell us about the gas tank! Where did you get it and how tough was it to mount up? Looks good on there...
                              Got the tank off eBay. Had to relocate the petcock from the bottom of the tank to the side. Had to grind off the stock gas tank mount tabs off the frame. The tank lays flat on the frame. Then just fab'd up some mounting brackets. It was pretty easy to do

Comment

Working...
                              X