X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it finally begins...

I will start from the very beginning...

5 years ago, when I bought her.

After some clean up and exhaust altering.
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Last years experimental paint job. If I knew the results were going to turn out so well, I'd have done better, and all of the proper prep work...
    '83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I am just now beginning the preparations for the 1100 engine swap...

First coat of black...

'83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

Comment

I have also started on rebuilding the carbs for it, but I really don't think we need pictures for that, right?
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

Comment

In the new parts pile, I have tires, brakes, carb kit, clutch springs, and...... hmmm, I think that's it for now.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

Comment

Love that paint job, she cleaned up real nice!
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yeah, just wish I prepped her better. Needs to be redone. I will likely let it go until next winter though...
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

Comment

Hey Spyder, she's lookin great. I have a 1978 750E frame that needs an engine and have been thinking about tghat swap too. Will the 1100 engine fit right in, or are you gonna have to fab any mounts or do any welding?

PS. What r u going to do with the old 750 motor?

Comment

I'm along for the ride, can't wait to see how this turns out!!

I'm excited, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GS Jim View Post
                    Hey Spyder, she's lookin great. I have a 1978 750E frame that needs an engine and have been thinking about tghat swap too. Will the 1100 engine fit right in, or are you gonna have to fab any mounts or do any welding?

PS. What r u going to do with the old 750 motor?
                    In my case with the 83, the bottom mount on the left side is going to be left out as it is different on the 80 1100 engine. Other than that I'm confident I will have no issues or modifications to make.

I'm not real sure about the 77. I'm thinking they are an 8 valve engine and would require modifications and welding to put my 16 valve engine in it. I could be way off. Call it my uneducated guess?

And I really don't have any plans for my 750 engine right now. It has an injured valve stem. Would likely be more feasible for you to find an engine more local (Canada). I'm thinking I might hang on to it for a future project? Idk...

@Tank... YOU'RE next!!! You're livin all the way out there in nomans land making all that money. Get that poor T back up to par brother. LONG LIVE THE "T" NATION ! ! ! ! !
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

Well, I am somewhat forced to use my 32mm carbs for the time being. I will properly rebuild the 34's as soon as I have the $$ for the parts.
                      '83 GS 1100T
                      The Jet

sigpic
                      '95 GSXR 750w
                      The Rocket

Comment

I don't think mine will get an 1100 transplant until after I move to Florida.
                        Finding an 1100 here won't happen, and adding cross border shipping to an 1100 will price it well out of its 'worth it' factor.

As it sits right now, it's going to cost me about $6000 to make the move, including trailer rental, gas, mods to the car for pulling the trailer, food, hotel, insurance and some cash factored in for unforeseen expenses.

And right now it's "spring breakup" here.
                        Because of the warmer temps the ground at most oil sites turns to deep sticky mud and oilfield work grinds to a halt until the ground hardens up again.
                        So I have zero income at the moment!
                        Once breakup is over I'll be back at 4 figures a week though.

The T is in pretty good, reliable mechanical condition, it's just ugly, lol.

All I have left on my list of things to get to start riding are a tire, o-ring kit and a battery.
                        I could easily make due with just a tire though.

What I'm really hoping to be able to do is buy that 750T off Coldrider that has the sequential VIN to mine, and since it has a front end swap and all the right bodywork, put an 1100 into that.

Really depends on when I start back to work and what kind of hours I get when I do.

So what all parts do the 34's need?

Comment

I will just need another jet kit, O'rings, and the proper intake boots. I'm just about done with the 32's. my son is coming over tomorrow to help me get the 750 out of the frame. I'll do some clean up on the frame, maybe some paint. Get my header back to black, and next weekend in goes the 1100. Should be dialed in and ready to go just in time for the Brown County Rally.
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

Good Luck with this!

Comment

Ok, so an update of the weekend work...

Carbs all done and shiny.

I was unable to find stainless for the caps and bowls, so hardened black it is...

Something about fine polished aluminum gives me a nice warm feeling inside...
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

Working...
                              X