Electrical Component Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Component Box

So I spent some time yesterday mocking up an electrical component box to sit under my seat which will house my battery (likely a micro lithium ion), and all the other components found in the old rusty crusty battery box. I know I've seen a few in projects before, however can't seem to remember where. Anybody have links or pictures for some old fashioned inspiration? I appreciate the help.

Not a box but a simple sheet of 16 gauge steel along the bottom of the frame on my 77 GS 550.

Comment

Thanks a lot, that will definitely help me with my wiring configuration.
      I ended up building this:

I used the original rear battery box mounts for the rear mount and then I will be running my seat mount bolts through the bar welded across the frame and throught the box. Looking at your configuration I'll probably have to find a different place for the battery. I fabbed a new rear fender so the space behind where I put my box is partially obstructed by that. Back to the drawing board for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ClineDesign View Post
        Not a box but a simple sheet of 16 gauge steel along the bottom of the frame on my 77 GS 550.

That sure looks snazzy!
        But let me ask you, do you have any water drain holes in it?
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X