No announcement yet.

GS850G Road Worthiness Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, thanks! Though I'm not very happy with the paint, I laid it on thick in places and didn't prep thoroughly enough so it's chipping where my boot sits. Might just end up stripping and polishing it.

I'm in Toronto!

Comment

Thought you guys might enjoy this, not an update but i bought these NOS brake pads at a local bike shop. Sexy stuff

Comment

Too cool. I'd be tempted not to use those and keep them for the display shelf. Someone might actually be interested in trading you for a new set? maybe me?
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by mpkauto View Post
          Thought you guys might enjoy this, not an update but i bought these NOS brake pads at a local bike shop. Sexy stuff

That's what you call "Doing it right".

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            Too cool. I'd be tempted not to use those and keep them for the display shelf. Someone might actually be interested in trading you for a new set? maybe me?
            Last time I was at my local used bike parts store (Bent Bike in lynnwood washington) they had another 10 or so sets of these. I already used them on my bike but they'll probably sell you a set. Oh and she's fully topless when you remove the pads from the packaging, real classy like.

Comment

I stopped in at that shop once, fun to walk around that's for sure, you guys are fortunate to have him as a local resource even if his prices are a bit high. Sure a lot of stuff if you were doing some simple cosmetic changes to a stock bike, he even had dunstall mufflers.
              Rob
              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
              X