1983 GS1100ES Street machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redstedman View Post
    HA HA HA!. Now yer talking Sam. You keep that old relic. She is solid & smooth.
    She's growing on me a lot lately. You know its bad when you have dreams about finding an old drag bike with loads of trick parts on it for cheap....then wake up and your sad because of it.......

Comment

Originally posted by Samsonite View Post
      I cant sell her!

At $3500 ...yes, we know! (this just sold for $2000 and it's a fine example. Just sayin ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...orcev4exp=true

Find the green/ blue wire from harness under seat (see photo) and connect to battery positive ... and your battery light will not remain glowing.

You let her ride without helmet too ?
      Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

The right buyer comes along im sure it would sell around that price yes.

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about that. All of my gauges die when the bike is in neutral, also.

I typically make her wear her helmet. It was a spur of the moment ride.

Comment

It was a spur of the moment ride.
          yea, it's those 'spur of the moment' soil samples you really have to watch for!

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
            yea, it's those 'spur of the moment' soil samples you really have to watch for!
            Well, it is what it is. Low traffic/low populated area, low speeds, no wind, clean open roads. I felt comfortable with it. As ridiculed as it may be, i personally enjoy the occasional ride without one.

Finishing up my midpipe now. Tough to do without proper equipment. Wire feed lincoln with feeding issues and cheap flux core wire, angle grinder, and my trucks tailgate to work with. Oh well.

Comment

Finally found some shocks. Picked up two pairs at the cycle yard. $50 for the newer progressives and $20 for the old ones. I swapped the stiffer dual spring onto the newer shock. Turned out pretty decent for the price! Made a hell of a difference in handling.

Older on left, newer on right, combined in center.

Comment

... I've yet to see one of these with a really $hitty / beat-up paint job! ??

lookin' great and great shock deal, sounds like!

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                  ... I've yet to see one of these with a really $hitty / beat-up paint job! ??

lookin' great and great shock deal, sounds like!
                  I think they did have pretty tough paint. Mine isn't perfect but it cleans up alright i think!

Comment

Has anyone else run into the same issue with gauges not working in neutral?

Comment

Has anyone else run into the same issue with gauges not working in neutral?

Never heard of that but if you describe
                      the specific issue is, we can postulate .

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

pos·tu·late
                        /ˈpäsCHəˌlāt/
                        Verb
                        Suggest or assume the existence, fact, or truth of (something) as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
                        Noun
                        A thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
                        Synonyms
                        demand - require - claim - posit

hahahhahahahha

Comment

Sounds like you may have a short or earthing problem. Double check your wiring.

- boingk

Comment

I suspect the old girl is protesting at your thinking of selling....
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post

When in neutral, temp gauge pegs at 320, needle gauge back lights die, tach dies, lower indicator lights all work still. Fuel gauge is disconnected.

It has done this since i bought the bike. Something with the neutral switch??

Comment

Does the neutral light actually come on?

Sounds like somebody did a little creative wiring on the bike. I would check the connector for the gear indicator wires and see if everything is lining up correctly. You'll need a wiring diagram to be sure it's correct.

I had a problem with my gauge lights and tail light not working. A PO had wired the lights into my stator loop by getting the wires wrong in a connector. One I straightened it out and replaced some fried wiring, they worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X