Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS450L: Cafe Build

"WE'VE GOT A FIRST TIMER ON OUR HANDS"

Just got my hands on a 1982 Suzuki GS450.

This is my first build. Looking to go Cafe Style with it and greatly appreciate any suggestions, tips or feedback.

My first task is to get away from the cruiser stance in favor of a cafe stance. Does anybody know if can just swap out the 16" wheel directly with an 18" wheel of an earlier model? Is the axle bearing the same?

Attaching pics of a little progress. With a little TLC to the carbs it fired up and I was able to take it for a spin.

Raised the tank a bit in attempts to get away from the cruiser stance.

Last edited by Guest; 05-03-2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I just purchased the UNI pod filter kit. High fives for free shipping.

Now it comes the question of jetting...

Does anyone know what the jetting should be on the carbs for straight pipes and UNI pods?

Comment

Many questions and you just joined....

Firstly, go to User CP, fill in your location, then in your sig block add the type of bike you have, so we don't need to ask over and over again with each post you make...

Take a stroll over to here - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...play.php?f=101

and introduce your self, maybe even add a few pictures of your current build...

and until your mega welcome package arrive in your introduction post, have a peek over here

ohhhh ya...

Welcome to the site....

Comment

welcome new guy here too

Comment

Just took it in to a guy in Dexter, MI to get the tail section made. He came very highly recommended from a buddy of mine.

Here is the "before" photo

I will update with some progress pictures as I get them.

Comment

Looks to be in good shape, good luck on the build

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. LightSoyaki,

I can't help you much with your customizations, but I can share a little about general maintenance. It's all here in your "mega-welcome".

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, diagrams, "how-to" guides, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                X