1980 GS1100L refurb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1100L refurb...

I'm in the middle of fixing up a bike I got for 700 bucks that I put 8000 miles on last year and is in great shape. There are a few things I need to replace, namely the speedo and tach units. They both broke the same day when I rode an hour in 15 degree weather here in Minnesota. Does anyone know good places to find aftermarket items like those? They don't seem to be available from the manufacturer so I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated!

there are a few aftermarket gauges, if that is what you mean. A search should yield the different options. Otherwise there are several models that would fit your GS1100L just search ebay.

Comment

It would be unusual (but not impossible) for both to break the same day. Have you checked the cables?
      1980 GS550ET

Comment

The cables were busted earlier in the season last year and replaced them and then I was riding in snow and cold to get the thing home for the winter and the speedo was buzzing loud and then the needle busted off and it just stopped moving and about 15 minutes later there goes the tach the same way. Everything I search for to find new gauges yields me tons of results for the cables and not many for aftermarket gauges. What other models gauges would fit the GS1100L? I'm a relative newb to these bikes. I got to know mine really well last year but as far as knowing what fits what and all I'm pretty lost. You all might hate me for it but I'm actually a Harley guy other than this bike...

Comment

Working...
        X