Frankenbike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenbike.

Ok this may offend the purists, but I'm laying out my plans here for the bike I'm going to build. So the stable currently houses;
    '83 GS1100EZ
    '82 GS1100ET
    '80 GSX1100ET
    '84 GS1150EFE
    and an assortment of other bits which include
    '98 GSXR750 complete front end plus HD springs
    '89 GSXR1100 complete front end plus HD springs
    '92 GSXR1100 swing arm complete with shock and linkages and rear wheel.
    '04 Bandit 1200 swing arm modified for twin shock usage
    more handle bars than you could shake a stick at and a surplus of wheels.

The GSX and EFE are really the only fully functioning bikes, but the GSX leaks oil and needs a good rebuild after years of poor maintenance, EFE is leak tight, pulls like a team of oxen, but it hurts my hips after prolonged periods of riding, and the clutch is slipping, easy fix though.

Now for the plan, speak up if you see me going wrong. I like the GSX, all day comfy, good sized tank, recently bought new shocks for it, wiring is in fairly good condition. What I want to do is transplant the EFE engine into the GSX frame, easy job from what I hear, and update the suspension. I've got a Bandit 1200 swing arm with shock mounts welded on, have the output shaft spacer to clear the bigger rear tire, have a newish chain to go on too.

So the final bike would be GSX frame and body work, EFE engine exhaust and wiring, B12 swing arm and either RWU GSXR1100 front end or USD GSXR750 front end.

Does it sound foolish?

I don't think that at all, this is my mine. It's undergoing a engine swap right now, '89 750 gsxr.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me
      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
      1994 gsxr1100w
      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

excellent looking bikes

Comment

Working...
        X