Single Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Seat?

Is there any compatible single seats that will fit a 1980 GS850L? Or does anyone know of a way to improvise a single seat? Thank You.

My suggestion would be to take the seatpan to a motorcycle seat recoverer and ask for a rework. You'll get the look you're after with a 'café bump' or ducktail at the rear, especially if its done in a colour that will match the bodywork.

Cheers - boingk

Comment

i cant say ive seen anything directly bolt up but if you really search ebay, things appear. but re working the seat is best. i have noticed many other makes/brands of seats share similar widths and sometimes aftermarket components and single saddles are easier to find for other bikes that arnt suzuki. but your obviously required to modify mounting points

Comment

I put a sportster seat on mine and mounted a rack over the pillion part of it.
        V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I cut the back half of my frame off, rewelded a support beam to either side connecting. Bought a solo seat mount for 35$ out of old bike barn(bob and chop section) drilled holed in the middle cross member behinde air box. Attached seat mount. Bout a HD tan leather seat off eBay for 50$, 3in springs(also from OBB) and made my own. Great choice I've made with the bike. Absolutely love it.
          Also had two 9.5in "struts" made at a local machine shop for 80$ and lowered the rear down. Love the bobber look it has now. Completely different machine now.

Comment

Working...
          X