Long slow build gsx1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long slow build gsx1100EZ

Might as well start a thread for this bike.
    It will be long and slow as I am in the middle of building an Rg500.

BUT I am starting to work out what I need. I have been asking question on other posts but I want to keep it all in one thread.

So this is the starting point.. 83 with 33k on the clock.

Bandit swinger
    Upside down forks
    17in rims
    Nice street motor.

Thinking about forks and GSXR11 91-93 are getting hard to find. So what about Hayabusa forks with a early 90's wheel so I can use a speedo drive and fork extensions x 75mm to get ground clearance. From what I can see and have heard the speedo drive is clamped in to position when the axle is tightened. I can only assume that the axle sizes are the same?

Spiegler top triple clamp or clip-ons are an option.

Picked up a 1150 motor last night for 450NZ dude selling it advertised it wrong. So good buying assuming when I pick it up its can be cleaned up ok. Current engine has only 33k, EFE has ???? Fact that I am modifying this bike which motor would be the one to keep?

Unknown EFE that runs and will clean up ok or standard motor with matching numbers etc... Also have EFE in my Kat that needs a rebuild some time. I wish I had enough $$$ to do it all.

basically long term is the EFE motor the way to go? Or keep the standard motor in the bike and modify as its only done 20,00 miles.

Also like the look of a 6inch extended swingarm but what does that do to street riding?

cheers
    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500, :D
    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED! http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/friday.gif
Working...
X