84 gs1100gke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 gs1100gke

I'm not good at doing the tutorial thing (once I get going I usually don't stop to take pics in progress) So I'll just post a few pics of it back together (as of today) with a brief description of what has been done over the past few weeks,

Rebuilt calipers,cleaned master cylinders and fresh fluid. New plugs,wires and coils. New fuelcock (not rebuilt as per suggested on this site)

All hoses,carb boots o rings and air box rubbers replaced. New allen bolts for intake boots, New air filter.
    New gaskets for the valve cover and breather (valve clearance checked by a friend of mine while it was open)

Carbs were done by chef (thanks again!) All the electrical connections I ran across were cleaned or fixed and hit with dielectric grease, charging system checked.
    All fluids replaced. A good degrease and cleaning,and tires checked.

PO did a number on the electrical and the heads of many of the fasteners so those were replaced
    It's a five footer right now(paint is in good decent shape) but I'm gonna wait to do anything else. I want to ride!
    I know I am probably forgetting everything that I did (it's been a long three weeks)
    Still can't decide what to do about exhaust (as you can see in the last pic) I still have access to the shop when I want to and maybe I'll powder coat the whole system in the high temp powder.
    Next fall I probably will tear it back down to hit the rust spots on the frame...we'll see.
    Took it down the road a bit and it ran awesome!...just needs minor adjustment and its good to go
    Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2014, 05:12 AM. Reason: added stuff

Great job. The cycle looks good.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

My first GS was an '82 1100GZ, pretty much the same bike as yours without the touring equipment and fairing. What a great bike, gobs & gobs of low end torque. I loved it, but sold it to get another GS to work on. Wish i still had her.

Yours looks great, should give you many miles of happy crusing! Good luck with her.
      '85 GS550L - SOLD
      '85 GS550E - SOLD
      '82 GS650GL - SOLD
      '81 GS750L - SOLD
      '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
      '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
      '82 GS1100G - SOLD
      '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Working...
      X