Cafe bike project finished !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe bike project finished !

Thank you to all the GS members who helped me with tips, advice, and sourcing parts. My 79 GS850 cafe project is just about done.

That can't possibly be a cafe bike, it has a front fender.

Nicely done.

Where is the tail light?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

He rejetted the carbs so it'll belch flames on decel. The turn signals strobe slightly faster than legal, but you get an audio cue now.

Nice looking paint work.
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Tucked under the seat.

Comment

The front turn signals are built into the headlight.LED's. So are the rear turn signals.

Comment

Very good looking. Nifty tail light.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice job. Did you build the tail section yourself or buy it?

Comment

Swwwweeeeeeet!
                '79 GS750 - 4th and current ride...first since 1983
                '73 CB350 - 1st ride
                '76 GT750 - 2nd ride - the "water buffalo" - sold to buy an engagement ring
                '79 RD400F Daytona Special - 3rd ride, the last of the street legal US 2-strokes - sold to buy a house

Comment

Cool, another shafty café. Looks good!
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

I really really like that. You made very good use of the nice lines on the G tank, in my opinion, and integrated that into the seat and tail. Nice job. Super nice.

Cafe bikes can have fenders. Here are my two, that I don't own any more, from the 70s and early 80's.

'69 Atlas cafe, taken in front of the fire station on the Ortege, where I used to lurk at times waiting for sport bikes to chase. It was slow, but going East, the road was tighter from here, which worked in my favor. This bike was about 390 pounds.

Triumph Trident in Trackmaster frame. Around 350 lbs. Magnesium rims, Ceriani fork.

sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

That is a great looking bike AndyMan. Very nice job and I like the paint a lot.

Comment

Got close ups of the paint? Details about it? Looks nice.
                        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I did buy the tail section. Its the phat cafe tail offed by Dime City and others. Thank you on the Paint. I drew it out and a friend of mine sprayed it. Will put up some close up pics of it .

Comment

Working...
                          X