Some more, and the new front end!

Comment

And a couple of big shots *Phew*

Comment

Under the hood

Comment

More...rear!

Comment

Don't apologise for picture overload, I love before and after pics. It shows the amount of work and care thats gone into the project.

Nice bike all round. does this mean it's finished now?
            The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
              Don't apologise for picture overload, I love before and after pics. It shows the amount of work and care thats gone into the project.

Nice bike all round. does this mean it's finished now?
              Thanks Cyrano! Well, I would say 98% complete, still a few things to do...the last stage was a rush just to get it rideable to test...so, I'll keep posting with more progress.

Comment

Holy crap! Amazing job.

Did you ever source the connector you needed?

If not, this place may have what you need: http://cycleterminal.com/

May I ask what handlebars you are using? My 850G is a mini-version of your bike...I love how your bars look.

All around great job. I'll be coming back to this thread for inspiration. I gotta clean up my exhaust. Steel wool, here I come.

Comment

You're making me look lazy! It looks great! Have you ridden it yet? They will stretch your arms.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great job and the bike looks phenomenal! Love the polish (before/after) pics.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
                      Holy crap! Amazing job.

Did you ever source the connector you needed?

If not, this place may have what you need: http://cycleterminal.com/

May I ask what handlebars you are using? My 850G is a mini-version of your bike...I love how your bars look.

All around great job. I'll be coming back to this thread for inspiration. I gotta clean up my exhaust. Steel wool, here I come.
                      Ha, thank you Growler...I haven't found that connector set yet, i asked a few places but no joy as of yet..I will try that link tonight, so thanks for that. I believe they are the stock handlebars that come with the bike. When I studied the original press photos, they appear to be the same in reach and length. Oh, and don't use steel wool on anything! especially your pipes...I used nothing but aluminum foil and water on all my pipes, got rid of most of the rust (apart from the underneath...you won't see those pics...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        You're making me look lazy! It looks great! Have you ridden it yet? They will stretch your arms.
                        Haha...never, thanks, I took it for a solid ride this afternoon...it was amazing, so different to my 850, and a lot different from before I restored it!

Comment

Originally posted by Good Times View Post
                          Great job and the bike looks phenomenal! Love the polish (before/after) pics.
                          Thanks...your pages helped me a lot, so thank you

Comment

Well shoot, I'm glad I saw this thread. I was directed to use steel wool in this other thread.

From the looks of your exhaust, I may just try your method instead.

Originally posted by Higgibaby View Post
                            Ha, thank you Growler...I haven't found that connector set yet, i asked a few places but no joy as of yet..I will try that link tonight, so thanks for that. I believe they are the stock handlebars that come with the bike. When I studied the original press photos, they appear to be the same in reach and length. Oh, and don't use steel wool on anything! especially your pipes...I used nothing but aluminum foil and water on all my pipes, got rid of most of the rust (apart from the underneath...you won't see those pics...lol)

Comment

Working...
                            X