82 GS450 Cafe/Brat Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS450 Cafe/Brat Project

So I got a really good deal on a 82 gs450 and I've always wanted to build a motorcycle so I figured now would be the time.
    Here is the bike the day I bought it.

It runs well but the battery was starting to go so I started to switch some things out. First to go were all of the bulky metal items and I switched to set of clubman bars (I may be switching to clips later if I decide to lower the tree down the forks).

I purchased an anti-gravity 8-cell and fabricated a rear loop and a place to mount the battery.

I have a good friend helping me with the fabrication but he is an auto interior guy so he's been working hard on the new seat.

Next up I'll be looking to do a complete custom sparck moto harness, a set of hagon's in the rear, and a bunch of cleaning, scrubbing, and polishing on the parts I will be keeping. I also plan on running velocity stacks and a custom header so if anyone has experience on a 450 that would be awesome help.

I found a killer deal on a late model gsxr 1000 front end and was wondering if any of you had done a swap similar?
    Any extra information and advise on anything you guys have tackled would be greatly appreciated.

hey there,

looking like the direction i was headed..... until i realized that my rear tire is gonna wake me in the ass. id check your clearance... thats a beautiful seat!!!

Comment

Welcome to the site.
      A search in the "2 cylinder engine" and "rebuild/project" sections will turn up a ton of ideas for you bike.
      Always nice having friends with mechanical skills.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by LunArBasalt View Post
        hey there,

looking like the direction i was headed..... until i realized that my rear tire is gonna wake me in the ass. id check your clearance... thats a beautiful seat!!!
        Clearance is very tight right now, I'm in talks with Hagon at the moment working on a custom rear set of springs to mitigate that exact issue.

Comment

Are you interested in selling the original seat?
          1981 GS450T

Comment

Working...
          X