'82 GS650L running, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS650L running, now what?

I got the old girl running without too much trouble (see video) , now comes the hard part. I think I need stuff, but maybe not. The carb throttle doesn't return all the way and the choke cable/mechanism is shot. I'd like to put superbike bars on it so buying stock cables may be a waste of time.

The front wheel was bent & cracked so I bought another online with dual disks that are, of course, smaller than the stock single disk. I like the dual disk setup. The right fork doesn't have a caliper mount and the left caliper mount is positioned wrong for the smaller disks. I can swap the duallies for the single, but... What to do...?

Is there a resource for cables, OEM & aftermarket?

Thanks.

If you put super bike bars on it, buy cables for the 83 650M (katana).The Katana had flatter bars and shorter cables. This is what I run on my 650G. I think to run a dual disc set up you'll need 650g forks, wheel, discs and calipers. Don't forget to adjust the valves and deal with rejetting to match the air filters and pipes, or lack there of... Cheers.

cg
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Where to get parts and whatnot: https://www.gswiki.info/wiki/Vendors
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Amazon has cables. They're not OEM quality, but they work and they're priced right. If you replace the bars you don't have to change the cables. The air box issues will suck.

Comment

Working...
        X